New signings imminent

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Sunderland specifically? Where’s that link come from; is it because they are reportedly interested in Eaves or is it Paul Butler (the scout one; not sports science one)?

And why Noble? Have people 1st hand knowledge of him; seen him play etc??

I did hear from a source just prior to Dickov taking charge that we would have some sort of relationship with Sunderland with regards to loan players.

I did hear from a source just prior to Dickov taking charge that we would have some sort of relationship with Sunderland with regards to loan players.

Fair do’s – but what I’m getting at is where the link come from; Dickov (to my knowledge) never played for Sunderland. Sure IIRC Paul Butler played for them earlier in his career before he fell down the leagues so maybe that’s it? But, if there is a agreement; I’m curious as to how it’s come about……

Fair do’s – but what I’m getting at is where the link come from; Dickov (to my knowledge) never played for Sunderland. Sure IIRC Paul Butler played for them earlier in his career before he fell down the leagues so maybe that’s it? But, if there is a agreement; I’m curious as to how it’s come about……

Niall Quinn?

Why Sunderland specifically? Where’s that link come from; is it because they are reportedly interested in Eaves or is it Paul Butler (the scout one; not sports science one)?

And why Noble? Have people 1st hand knowledge of him; seen him play etc??

The player in question is listed under the reserve squad and was mentioned in another thread.

Maybe our old webmaster is pulling a few string up there.

Niall Quinn?

Ah, maybe? Was Dickov at City before Quinn retired though??

I can’t think it will because of Bruce – he didn’t like what Shez did with Tomas Cwyka; signing him on loan and then not playing him; going against the agreement that was in place. But; maybe that gripe left when Shez did?

The player in question is listed under the reserve squad and was mentioned in another thread.

Maybe our old webmaster is pulling a few string up there.

:lol:

As good a web-monkey as Stu is; I’m not sure how highly his opinion will be valued in terms of player transfers!!

Other than the odd ‘Oldhams’ a nice little club’ comments – I’m not sure he’d be able to sway anything!!!!

Was also ommited from their reserve game this afternoon, which could well mean that he's down with us ready for his signature to be announced.

Sounds like a raw yet promising players who's mixing it with reserve teams at Prem level. Also sounds like a straight replacement for Eaves - height, pace, power, strength and also an eye for the goal according to reviews from Sunderland at previous reserve matches.

Would still be more comfortable if we had a seasoned striker brought in to replace Abbott as potential's one thing but we need someone with a scoring record who can step in if Feeney's out. Surely if Eaves goes then we'll bring in a decent experienced striker?!

Ah, maybe? Was Dickov at City before Quinn retired though??

I can’t think it will because of Bruce – he didn’t like what Shez did with Tomas Cwyka; signing him on loan and then not playing him; going against the agreement that was in place. But; maybe that gripe left when Shez did?

Having looked at Soccerbase, Dickov joined a week after Quinn left.