william hill handicap odds

Indeed...we'll not be close. I hit last seasons bang on...Swindon +28pts...simply ridiculous given the manager and the squad he was building...I'd hazard a guess they pissed it by about 15pts. Time to have a look at this seasons now...

A few tips so far are obvious ones but Pompey to fall right through and Southampton to walk this division. Fancy Bradford to have a charge this season in League Two under Peter Taylor who knows that division inside and out.

After having looked at the handicap list:

Premiership: Always a struggle to find the mid-table runner that does better in this league. Fulham and Brum have been the last 2 seasons ones to excel. Brum get a +38pt this season...add that onto last seasons tally and they'd have beaten Chelsea to the title by 2pts. Question is can they do the same again?

Possibly Spurs at +17pts is the best value. Adding that to their tally last season and they'dve hit 87pts over Chelseas 86...and I can see Spurs doing as well, if not better this season. Champions League success depending though...but the Prem title race will be closer than ever this year I feel so they might just be the value.

Championship: Coventry +27pts??? They having a laugh...bite their hands off (although they've dropped from 18/1 to 12's lately) Plenty of signings, Clive Platt being one we know all about, McSheffrey has returned, Keiron Westwood in net, Lee Carsley's signed up. It's the stand out selection for me.

League One: Gotta say, Swindon +14pts looks interesting again. Can see them having another good crack at it this season. And Colchester +22pts. That horrible pitch was useful for them last season. They won 15 from 23 on it and I could see them doing the same again. Just poor away from home...so +22 looks tasty to me. Even their Chairman has insisted it's a boom or bust season for them.

League Two: The bookies haven't a clue who'll win this league, so the HCP spread is fairly rubbish this season. Makes it difficult to find a middle team that will excel. Only two who stand out are Burton and Morecambe. Burton get given a fairly handy +20pts and Peschisolido is talking about promotion at a club that's doing similar to what Doncaster did a few years back. For them to be given such a good handicap makes them stand out. Morecambe look capable too though...their end of season run and new stadium this season bodes well for being in the upper reaches. If they build on what they started last season, their +14pts might see them win the handicap list.

A small 4-fold of Spurs, Coventry, Colchester, Burton = 59279/1

Worth a quid! :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Premier League - Arsenal +10, whoever finishes above them wins the league for me

Championship - Hull +16

League One - Brentford +26, good manager, one of the best teams I saw at Boundary last season

League Two - Bury +12, been knocking on the door past couple of seasons, if Bishop stays good chance of automatic promotion

Last season Norwich went up with 95 which would mean we need to get 62 points with the handicap.... 10 points more than ast seasons total.... Its acheivable!

It doesn't quite work like that though...Swindon got 82pts...add on their +28pts and they won the Handicap league with 110pts last season. I think Norwich were +3 so would've got 98pts in it and Leeds started at Zero so they were nowhere near winning it. It's a case of picking the team that the bookies think are mid-table to average but actually nail a playoff place. That's why I've gone for Colchester as I think they will be up there again. We'll struggle to hit mid-table and IMO, haven't a chance in the handicap league. Hope I'm wrong though and you all cash in...my main bet is going to be Coventry.