In defence of Alan Hardy

I don't think it's so much that they're negative, just instead of forming their own opinions based on actual events they prefer to just go along with what other people say. That's why most people seem to have no actual reason to dislike him, they just say it because their mate says it who also has no reason for it other than their mate says it etc tec.

Sheep................pack mentality of certain sections. Nothing you can do about it; some will blindly follow the pack.....

I’ve always found AH to be an extremely professional person; responding to an email I sent after the Millwall game 1st game of the season under Shez by actually ringing me instead of replying by email. He talked through some of the points I’d raised and was thoroughly helpful & reasoned. He even let 2 other calls go to voicemail whilst he was on to me; a mere lowly fan.

I also met him at the Masters; and whilst I was somewhat ‘tiddly’ – he still humoured me whilst I dribbled on to him about all things Latics.

IMO he cops a heck of a lot of flack for some perceived wrongs he’s done over the years. I think he’s one of the bed-rocks of the club; without his guidance over the years; I’m in no doubt we’d be in a heck of a worse state than we are. All power to AH; I think he does a very good job.

Couple years back whilst at college he gave me the chance to interview him about the football finance for part of my course it was only a 15 minute interview but it meant alot considering the other clubs I e-mailed ignored my resquests. Always struck me as a man for the fans and is a true Oldham Athletic legend.

He did something similar for a friend of mine when he was finishing off his dissertation.

When I was filling out the online form for my Laticsworld subscription from my London armchair, I was parched and starving from a night aaaat up west, and the missus was out. I phoned Alan, who drove all the way down and cooked me a fry up and brewed a pot of tea, before completing the onerous online formalities. Later, I discovered that - either out of kindness or by mistake - he'd inserted his credit card details instead of mine. Legend.

When I was filling out the online form for my Laticsworld subscription from my London armchair, I was parched and starving from a night aaaat up west, and the missus was out. I phoned Alan, who drove all the way down and cooked me a fry up and brewed a pot of tea, before completing the onerous online formalities. Later, I discovered that - either out of kindness or by mistake - he'd inserted his credit card details instead of mine. Legend.

It's the least I'd have expected of him. When my seriously ill cousin was in grave need of a kidney transplant, he gave him both of his kidneys; one for now and one spare in case the surgeons cocked it up.

Last season we played Leeds at home in the FA Cup. I was narked that I had ordered my tickets online to find I then had to pick them up at the club. I contacted AH to vent my annoyance.. and guess whast he did? He took my address and on his way home he dropped them off at my front door!

Can anyone else think of a single football CEO who would do that?

My only dealing with Alan Hardy also ran along similar lines to this.

I've no need to big AH up. I know what he thinks of me has a fan and likewise he does me of him has a ceo and friend.

Iwas indifferent to AH up to the point when i and a few others spent the night quing up for tickets for the away leg of the play offs, Mr Hardy came in to work at 6.15 am promptly asked us how long we had been there,on hearing we had been there all nigh t he went inside contacted the ticket office staff to get them in asap and made a huge pot of tea o warm us up . Still apreciated top bloke who cares both for the club and us mere fans.