Southampton beat Bristol Rovers away 4-0 at the weekend

Death of owner.

Inexplicable changes.

It's a crazy decision though, he's done alright for them, last season they were in the top 5 highest points accumulators over the season, this season they had a slippery start but have just hammered a team 4-0 away from home which you think would kick off their season. Far too early for this to be any sort of a footballing decision, they must have someone else lined up.

Saints fans are making me laugh. They're talking about Martin O'Neill as if he's a viable candidate for the job.

They're absolutely deluded.

They did well to get Pardew to manage at this level. I wouldn't be too surprised if his name was in the hat for the Villa job.

Unless there's been something going on inside the club with Pardew et al, this seems to be a crazy decision. Without last season's 10 point deduction, they would have made the play-offs and probably, but not necessarily, been promoted. OK, so they're 14th in the table, having played one game less than all but three others, so a win in their game in hand could put them in the play-offs.

The quote from the club doesn't make sense: "The club has decided that, to achieve its well known targets, it is essential to make changes to the management," said a Southampton statement. "We recognise that frequent changes to the football management are unlikely to assist in the winning of trophies and promotions." So they go and do just that! Who would be crazy enough to take that on?

PS - There's a certain Mr Penney still unemployed. I wonder? :ohno:

OK, only kidding.

Even if they have got someone else lined up, bringing them in 3 days before the transfer window closes makes no sense. I'd love to know what exactly they've seen in 3 league games that makes them think it's 'essential' to sack the manager.

Oh well, if they implode it's one more promotion place for us to chase. :wink:

he was always walking on a tight rope there, they have shown him no respect at all

now they may struggle to get out of this league

Showing Pardew no respect is classic irony don't you think. The mans a complete tit and it's made my day it really has.

Showing Pardew no respect is classic irony don't you think. The mans a complete tit and it's made my day it really has.

Haha...agree completely...I'm sure Andy Ritchie, Shaun Garnett and a few other former Latics players will have a wry smile over that one today. The guy is a knob...high on the list with Nigel Adkins and Martin Allen.

PS Pardew for the Villa job......haha......quality! What do you guys do for an encore? :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

it will be interesting who will take the job. pardew is a good manager for this level and i doubt they can replace him with someone as good.

Dowie's a possibility...appears to be working his way back down the leagues to this level...

Odds:

Gianfranco Zola 4/1

Paul Tisdale 5/1

Eddie Howe 6/1

Glenn Hoddle 7/1

Gareth Southgate 8/1

Phil Brown 10/1

Tony Mowbray 10/1

Ian Dowie 14/1

Jim Magilton 14/1

Alan Shearer 16/1

Chris Coleman 16/1