Taylor doesn't have a hard work ethic? Taylor thinks he's best player on the pitch?

What utter nonsense!

All I think Taylor needs is TIME and a spell without injury. 2 games isn't time.

I think your all going way over the top regarding Taylor. It's not a big season for him but he does need to improve.

I happen to think it is a very big season for him. You don't. That's fine; it's all opinions. I haven't said by that way that he doesn't work or think he's the best player on the pitch FYI.

maybe we should play JJ at left midfield and push him over to the right

Whilst i'd say if Taylor plays he should play on the right I don't think he'd get into the team on the right at the moment because Jones is playing so well. I wouldn't want to take Jones out of the team and wouldn't want to upset the midfield partnership we've got by moving him inside. When Alessandra is fit he should go back into the side on the left and Taylor should wait to be given a chance on the right.

If Taylor's going to play it has to be on the right.

He only ever moved to the left to fill a gap but it now seems to be forgotton that he's naturally a wide right player. He cuts inside because whilst playing on the left has improved his left foot he still much prefers to use his right.

If he was moved back out to the right he would spend much more time on the wing because he'd be more confident in beating the man and whipping in a right footed cross. He'd also still have the option to worry defences by cutting in as he has a better left foot than your average league one right winger.

As for his perceived attitude problems the only way to sort them out is to make absolutely sure he only plays on merit and treat him no differently to every other member of the squad. If he still doesn't work hard enough & fit into this new team come January then maybe the time really will have come to cash in on him before we're stuck with a highly paid player that we don't need or even want.

Personally I think his best games for us have been on the left and if I can recall correctly his most productive season for us in terms of goals and assists was from the left of midfield?

I think the fact that JS, DP and now PD have all played him on the left shows he is a left winger!

I think they play him here because on form he can go outside the man and cross or cut inside and cross and shoot and he can also be good at making the late run into the box and getting on the end of crosses from the right. I just dont think it is happening at the moment which by the sounds of it is down to attitude if this thread is to be believed.

Personally I think his best games for us have been on the left and if I can recall correctly his most productive season for us in terms of goals and assists was from the left of midfield?

I think the fact that JS, DP and now PD have all played him on the left shows he is a left winger!

I think they play him here because on form he can go outside the man and cross or cut inside and cross and shoot and he can also be good at making the late run into the box and getting on the end of crosses from the right. I just dont think it is happening at the moment which by the sounds of it is down to attitude if this thread is to be believed.

Maybe you're right, i'm no football manager so i've gotta agree that maybe there's something that they've all seen in him that makes him a left winger. But for the last 18 months (ish) he's just not produced the goods enough on the left, maybe a change back to the right is what he needs.

Maybe you're right, i'm no football manager so i've gotta agree that maybe there's something that they've all seen in him that makes him a left winger. But for the last 18 months (ish) he's just not produced the goods enough on the left, maybe a change back to the right is what he needs.

Cant argue with that he certainly hasnt been performing like he has in the past. Maybe a change would refresh his game. I do think Taylor is a good example of why we cash in on the likes of Eaves early! I cant see us getting any money for him at the moment.

Posted a while back on the fact that CT is now definitely a Left Winger IMO; and there would be a certain acclimatisation period for him were he to move back onto the Right hand side. At Leicester away the other season; we lined up with Smalley on the left and Taylor on the right. Watching it from the stands; and then back on Sky+ later; Smalley had a really good game on the left and excelled; whilst Taylor was a shadow of the player he was leading up to the game; stuck out on the right side. A move to right is in no way a guarantee that Taylor would suddenly flourish again.

On current form this pre-season & early league games; Richie Jones deserves the right hand side place (granted it would appear he would prefer to play through the centre; but he’s been hugely impressive on the right) and Lewis deserves the left spot. Taylor; on current from (& and that of last season) is 2nd choice for me on both sides. Until he gets back to any semblance of fitness & form; we in no way should be accommodating him in the side purely down to the fact its him and he ‘used to be one of the best in the league’.

<Now watch him have a stormer tonight; rip Shrewsbury apart and get the MoTM!!>

I think there's some pretty harsh criticism towards Taylor here, he was unlucky not to score on Saturday after a great save from the Yeovil 'keeper. When he got an extended run in the team his left foot was decent too and got some good crosses in going to the by-line, he just needs a bit of confidence before we see that from him again.

I think there's some pretty harsh criticism towards Taylor here, he was unlucky not to score on Saturday after a great save from the Yeovil 'keeper. When he got an extended run in the team his left foot was decent too and got some good crosses in going to the by-line, he just needs a bit of confidence before we see that from him again.

I'd love to think that is the case but it has been far too long since we last saw Taylor in any kind of form. Perhaps it would have been different if one the efforts would have gone in however when did we last see a wingers performance from the lad?

Currently there are far more negatives than positives for his inclusion, Lewi got injured at the wrong time unfortunately otherwise Taylor would have been warming the bench and having a think about his game. I'd love to see him tear it up tonight but for whatever reason he just doesn't have it in him at the moment (I will gladly eat some humble pie if proven wrong)!

Posted a while back on the fact that CT is now definitely a Left Winger IMO; and there would be a certain acclimatisation period for him were he to move back onto the Right hand side. At Leicester away the other season; we lined up with Smalley on the left and Taylor on the right. Watching it from the stands; and then back on Sky+ later; Smalley had a really good game on the left and excelled; whilst Taylor was a shadow of the player he was leading up to the game; stuck out on the right side. A move to right is in no way a guarantee that Taylor would suddenly flourish again.

On current form this pre-season & early league games; Richie Jones deserves the right hand side place (granted it would appear he would prefer to play through the centre; but he’s been hugely impressive on the right) and Lewis deserves the left spot. Taylor; on current from (& and that of last season) is 2nd choice for me on both sides. Until he gets back to any semblance of fitness & form; we in no way should be accommodating him in the side purely down to the fact its him and he ‘used to be one of the best in the league’.

<Now watch him have a stormer tonight; rip Shrewsbury apart and get the MoTM!!>

I agree he'd certainly have to acclimatise and wouldn't be ripping it up immediately, i just think the attributes he possesses lend themselves to a right wingers role, though as you rightly say he'd be 2nd choice for both at the moment.

As an aside, the more i think about it the more i wonder how, with his keenness to cut inside, Taylor would perform as an attacking midfielder in behind the front two. But now isn't the time, that's something for pre-season or maybe reserve games...