Playoff target

Off topic Lee Hughes scored nearly caused a problem the wolves fan were not happy with what ever he wrote on his T Shirt when he lefted it up.

How about .... lets stay on topic and instead use the link the below to find the topic to dicuss the above in a topic YOU actually started today.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...20&start=20

Cheers

Teams have sneaked in to the play-offs with less than 70 points, but that's highly unlikely to be enough.

From memory I'd say 75 would be about the average for 6th place team. I'm sure somebody else will research it properly though.

I'm with garcon .... there's not quite the quality there to deliver top 6 this season. But I hope they manage to give it a damned good go.

Edited by opinions4u

Teams have sneaked in to the play-offs with less than 70 points.

From memory I'd say 75 would be about the average for 6th place team. I'm sure somebody else will research it properly though.

I'm with garcon .... there's not quite the quality there to deliver top 6 this season. But I hope they manage to give it a damned good go.

Higher 70's for past few seasons have got you play off place. Last season it was 80 points to secure a play off place.

Dickov should be sacked if he is aiming for play-offs, automatic promotion is minimum target :wink:

6th place (7th place in brackets)

2009/10: 80 (73) ... Southampton had the 73 points, after a 10 pt deduction ... so it's possible to hit 80 points and miss out!

2008/9: 76 (74)

2007/8: 76 (69)

2006/7: 75 (72) ... last time Latics made the play-offs ... with the 75 points.

2005/6: 71 (69)

2004/5: 71 (70)

2003/4: 73 (73)

2002/3: 81 (80) ... Latics got 82 points to finish 5th.

2001/2: 78 (73)

Average for 6th place is 74.6 points over the last 9 years (quite pleased with my guess above, although Rob's post about recent seasons is also spot on).

Edited by opinions4u

6th place (7th place in brackets)

2009/10: 80 (73) ... Southampton had the 73 points, after a 15 pt deduction ... so it's possible to hit 80 points and miss out!

2008/9: 76 (74)

2007/8: 76 (69)

2006/7: 75 (72) ... last time Latics made the play-offs ... with the 75 points.

2005/6: 71 (69)

2004/5: 71 (70)

2003/4: 73 (73)

2002/3: 81 (80) ... Latics got 82 points to finish 5th.

2001/2: 78 (73)

Average for 6th place is 74.6 points over the last 9 years (quite pleased with my guess above, although Rob's post about recent seasons is also spot on).

10 point deduction :wink:

I think that this season, it will be a lower target to get play-offs as the teams seem to be alot closer ability wise so far. Think 70-73 will secure play offs this season

10 point deduction :wink:

I think that this season, it will be a lower target to get play-offs as the teams seem to be alot closer ability wise so far. Think 70-73 will secure play offs this season

Subtle adjustment made to previous post. :grin:

The closer it is, the lower the number of points needed.

Play-offs?

Bunch of underacheiving tards, Royle Army surely with your insider knowledge we should be going all out for promotion, 100 goals scored and a free Porsche Cayenne to all the fans?

I will be shocked if we went up playoff i take as we got no money if we did we would have been targing the top two places but we need top players for that its shame to say this.

Good night sleep well :grin: