Would You ?

Just been reading all the doom and gloom about going out of business etc and it got me thinking a few things...

* Would we start again and enter a low league ( Unibond - evo stick league )

* How many of us would actually stay and follow us ?

i know i would but how many would jump ship

Edited by LaticsLee

Just been reading all the doom and gloom about going out of business etc and it got me thinking a few things...

* Would we start again and enter a low league ( Unibond - evo stick league )

* How many of us would actually stay and follow us ?

i know i would but how many would jump ship

Oldham 'til I die - nuff said :wink:

It's not a pretty scenario to consider obviously, but yes I'm certain a new club would rise from the ashes, in the Unibond or whichever level would accept their application.

Would I be inclined to support them? I think so. But I'm not sure. I might take the opportunity to watch a bit of non-league around the north west, and perhaps form an attachment elsewhere over time.

It's not a pretty scenario to consider obviously, but yes I'm certain a new club would rise from the ashes, in the Unibond or whichever level would accept their application.

Would I be inclined to support them? I think so. But I'm not sure. I might take the opportunity to watch a bit of non-league around the north west, and perhaps form an attachment elsewhere over time.

why ?

why ?

Why not? I'm not sure I'd automatically feel any attachment to a "new" Latics. But I already enjoy an occasional non-league trip without having any particular affiliation so there's at least an equal chance I'd do a bit more of that - which might lead to some kind of attachment forming elsewhere.

If I still lived in Oldham, then I'd probably be more likely to stand by the new club, with it still being local. But there are countless non-league clubs nearer to me than Oldham.

Edited by garcon

Why not? I'm not sure I'd automatically feel any attachment to a "new" Latics. But I already enjoy an occasional non-league trip without having any particular affiliation so there's at least an equal chance I'd do a bit more of that - which might lead to some kind of attachment forming elsewhere.

If I still lived in Oldham, then I'd probably be more likely to stand by the new club, with it still being local. But there are countless non-league clubs nearer to me than Oldham.

i wasnt being rude asking why i was just interested, i think it would be a great adventure, being the BIG TEAM IN TOWN kinda thing like chester are now in the unibond league. it would be great but hopefully we wont have to go through all that !!

i wasnt being rude asking why i was just interested, i think it would be a great adventure, being the BIG TEAM IN TOWN kinda thing like chester are now in the unibond league. it would be great but hopefully we wont have to go through all that !!

That's absolutely fine.... and you're right it would be qute an adventure. But yes, not one to wish on oursleves. :grin:

In the glory years we were the number one teams in the country. Nobody for 6 months in the 1991/92 season, and that includes Arsenal and united, could touch us. On our day we were the best! :(

Stick with oldham, enough followers stick with the club and we would be back to league football in no time!

Wouldn't be so sure. I would support afc oldham athletic or whatever they name us. Might take a break and do some new grounds. Hope this never happens as it would be terrible.

In the glory years we were the number one teams in the country. Nobody for 6 months in the 1991/92 season, and that includes Arsenal and united, could touch us. On our day we were the best! :(

Those are extra rose tinted specs; it was good, but not THAT good!