One Red Sox, 2 Red Sox

So Liverpool are the Plastic Fake Red Sox, and Utd theoriginal.

How ironic!

Fake Plastics v Original

Edit, am treying a tenuous link to LEague One and Oldham. er, I will edit in a minute

Personally i'm sick to death of hearing about liverpool in the media like the rest of us give a toss, and their fans protesting about the owners just shows them up for the complete hypocrites they are. If they were top of the premier league they would not care who owns the club.

Typical football fans really, and i include our supporters in that statement as well

Personally i'm sick to death of hearing about liverpool in the media like the rest of us give a toss, and their fans protesting about the owners just shows them up for the complete hypocrites they are. If they were top of the premier league they would not care who owns the club.

Typical football fans really, and i include our supporters in that statement as well

Good on them I say, at least they've got the stomach for a fight. We allowed Moore to take the piss for months. Will we do the same if the :censored: hits the fan again?

Totally agree! Its extremely nauseating having scousers whinging about their club and bemoaning the state of the team on the field and blaming hicks/gillett for it. Only to put Sky Sports on today and listen to the same scousers delighting in the fact that they have got new owners. After slating the last lot of Yanks why they welcome new Yanks with open arms is sick.

Personally, I would LOVE to see Liverpool relegated. If Gerrard gets a long term injury this season it is possible as the rest of the side is decidedly average. Torres is to injury prone, and currently sidelined once again.

I also read the following on BBC Sport: "Crisis-hit Liverpool are to be sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball team, subject to the resolution of a legal dispute with the club's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett." As Hicks & Gillett have a very large debt to repay to a bank by 15/10/10 by defaulting on this, putting Liverpool into Admin with owners lined up would mean the club pay a much smaller amount back. In addition, legal disputes have a nasty habit of rumbling on so this could be the start of a very bleak period indeed.

Totally agree! Its extremely nauseating having scousers whinging about their club and bemoaning the state of the team on the field and blaming hicks/gillett for it. Only to put Sky Sports on today and listen to the same scousers delighting in the fact that they have got new owners. After slating the last lot of Yanks why they welcome new Yanks with open arms is sick.

This is bollocks though, the arm chair Scousers may think this, but if you dig deeper, the Liverpool fans are very sceptical and want assurances. Believe me no-one will welcome this takeover with open arms. Sky as usual are talking things up - the fans are very reserved

Personally, I would LOVE to see Liverpool relegated. If Gerrard gets a long term injury this season it is possible as the rest of the side is decidedly average. Torres is to injury prone, and currently sidelined once again. It would be funny, but the brother in law and best mate would be gutted, too many average signings have come home to roost

I also read the following on BBC Sport: "Crisis-hit Liverpool are to be sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball team, subject to the resolution of a legal dispute with the club's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett." As Hicks & Gillett have a very large debt to repay to a bank by 15/10/10 by defaulting on this, putting Liverpool into Admin with owners lined up would mean the club pay a much smaller amount back. In addition, legal disputes have a nasty habit of rumbling on so this could be the start of a very bleak period indeed. It won't rumble on, it will be resolved before the end of the month at the latest, Martin Broughton has written assurances from Hicks and Gillette regarding the sale and the composition of the board - the Yanks have reneged on this by trying to oust Purslow and Ayres off the board. If the club is not sold by 15th October RBS puts them into admin - still a very real possibility, and John Henry and co. will still complete their takeover just at a slighter later date - as it stands unbelieveably Hicks and Gillette make £150m each but are down on the extra £70m apiece they wanted.

As my Great-Grandad was a scouser I've always had a bit of soft-spot for Liverpool...and I've watched this develop closely. The self-pity I do agree with but if our lot had the stomach for a fight instead od sulking off do you think we'd be playing in front of crowds of 3,500 and facing a move to City's heartland?? I think its the stayaways from BP that sre self-pitying!

Edited by oafcprozac

Personally, I would LOVE to see Liverpool relegated. If Gerrard gets a long term injury this season it is possible as the rest of the side is decidedly average. Torres is to injury prone, and currently sidelined once again.

I also read the following on BBC Sport: "Crisis-hit Liverpool are to be sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball team, subject to the resolution of a legal dispute with the club's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett." As Hicks & Gillett have a very large debt to repay to a bank by 15/10/10 by defaulting on this, putting Liverpool into Admin with owners lined up would mean the club pay a much smaller amount back. In addition, legal disputes have a nasty habit of rumbling on so this could be the start of a very bleak period indeed.

To be fair L4E, not all Yanks are the same, it really does depend on the individual Yank concerned. :wink: