Reuben Hazell

He gave them all the space they needed in the box today.

They are one league below us and he treated them like he was pissing about with the mascot before the game.

needs a reality check hopefully this was it

when he is bad omg he would have struggled with the fc united front 2 hope accy get them next round

Agree, today he came to the ground with a " turn up win go home easy league two side " mentality ! he was very naive today and got punished for it.

Did you even bother to read the post you quoted?

Hazell had a bad game, one of very few this season.

Let us all get over it.

He might have had a bad game, but it's not as if he carries a streak of arrogance about the way he plays.

Rubes? Playing with a streak of arrogance? Noooo, I mean, why would I think that...

Oh yeah, because without a doubt in the world, he does!

E4e

BIDLE

Hazell is no different today than he's ever been. He's always been a decent League two defender who is prone to the odd few thoughtless gaffs. Unfortunately we need him to be a good league one defender who learns from his rare mistakes, and that isn't Reuben I'm afraid.

Gregan's ability to read a situation got Hazell out of many a tight spot, but now he's gone, people are finally seeing Reuben for what he really is - clumsy, thoughtless, arrogant and inconsistent.

The problem is, we don't have the money to go out and find a better replacement, so it's up to the coaching staff to knock his arrogance out of him, firstly by taking the captains armband out of his reach, and then by bollocking him when he tries showboating rather than ignoring his silliness as they did against Plymouth last week.

I just hope we can discover a replacement soon, then we won't have to worry about Brill letting the free kicks in which Hazell needlessly gives away.

people are finally seeing Reuben for what he really is - clumsy, thoughtless, arrogant

I don't see arrogant.

What have I missed? Why the witch hunt against Hazell's perceived arrogance?

He had a poor game. So did many others. He's had a couple of MOTM performances this season too.

Edited by opinions4u

I don't see arrogant.

He regularly fails to play the simple ball, preferring to turn the attacker, which gets a cheer when it goes right, but can cost us points when it goes wrong.

He also believes his timing is good enough to be able to lull a forward into taking an extra touch before sliding him, which is a nice trick if you can pull it off, but unfortunately seems to result in us giving too many dangerous free kicks away.

Gregan used to do the same thing, but had a little more success with his timing - I reckon RH has picked it up from Greegs.

There's no answer to what you can do when the whole defence are crap, other than get them to look at where they went wrong collectively and individually, my problem with Hazell is that either nobody is taking him through his game post-match, or he's not listening to the people that are.

He regularly fails to play the simple ball, preferring to turn the attacker, which gets a cheer when it goes right, but can cost us points when it goes wrong.

He also believes his timing is good enough to be able to lull a forward into taking an extra touch before sliding him, which is a nice trick if you can pull it off, but unfortunately seems to result in us giving too many dangerous free kicks away.

Gregan used to do the same thing, but had a little more success with his timing - I reckon RH has picked it up from Greegs.

There's no answer to what you can do when the whole defence are crap, other than get them to look at where they went wrong collectively and individually, my problem with Hazell is that either nobody is taking him through his game post-match, or he's not listening to the people that are.

So "crap" is a better word than "arrogant" then.

So "crap" is a better word than "arrogant" then.

It's one of many adjectives that could be accurately used, yes. :lol:

I also said Rubes was clumsy and thoughtless, which the whole defence can often be accused of, but the other word I used was 'inconsistent', which applies more to Hazell than anyone, because as you rightly point out, he is capable of MOM performances, yet so often blots his copybook with unnecessary mistakes.

Steve Redmond had a similar problem, choosing occasionally to duck out of a clearance header at the last second to allow the ball through to the keeper, which looked great unless attackers had done their homework and anticipated a potential loose ball between Reds and the keeper that they could latch onto.

Every single word, absolutely bob on outoftheblue.

First goal slow, just gives far too much time on the edge of the box.

Second goal tries to turn and trick rather than hoof in doubt.

Third, well, it was late. We'll forgive him for switching off zzzzzzzz

E4e

DONKE