Jack Daniels T-shirt feedback

Now it's on sale has anyone got it and what are your thoughts.

Also what would you like to see next?

was in the club shop this morning around 10:45am...got a nice smile and hello from pd before going in....

only thing on sale clothes wise were repli kits and training gear,was in there a good 30 mins and couldnt see them,then i noticed a couple of boxes on the floor,and low and behold it was them...

they look really stunning,my personal preference is the black one...but im a rocker so most things i go for are black,but they look really good...couldnt give you a reply on feel as they were still boxed and not out...but i can see a good few going to be unwrapped on christmas morning...

the che guerva one sounds a good idea...wee jocks barmy army,maybe a star wars or yoda one spoof design..

Genuine question, not a snipe: Is there any legal risk in using copyrighted materials in this way? It's why we avoided these styles with OWTB.co.uk merchandise.

No because it is not an exact copy. In fact put the two side by side there is quite a difference.

Added to that it is not passing off as Jack Daniels whiskey, but it certainly is a good advert for them.

No issues to worry about.

No because it is not an exact copy. In fact put the two side by side there is quite a difference.

Added to that it is not passing off as Jack Daniels whiskey, but it certainly is a good advert for them.

No issues to worry about.

That's an interesting take on copyright law. But if you're making money for the club who gives a :censored: I suppose.

That's an interesting take on copyright law. But if you're making money for the club who gives a :censored: I suppose.

jack daniels will if they see it....

regardless of if its not an exact copy or your not selling it as jack daniels the similarity is such that it could quite easily be mistaken for the original.

doesnt matter if its a kinda free advertising for them,they will sue you if they think it compramises there product...

i sell a range of tshirt transfers on ebay to suppliment my income,and i can tell you if i decided to sell a transfer in that way as you are with this shirt i would have my account suspended and i would be being sued....i currently have one case trying to sue me for £500 over the "meerkat" image....

i wouldnt be suprised if in the future you recieve a letter from the company concerned...

that said id milk it for all its worth uptil crimbo in the hope they dont get wind of it then tone it down after....maybe next range of t shirts you do are your own original work then there wouldnt be a problem

jack daniels will if they see it....

regardless of if its not an exact copy or your not selling it as jack daniels the similarity is such that it could quite easily be mistaken for the original.

doesnt matter if its a kinda free advertising for them,they will sue you if they think it compramises there product...

i sell a range of tshirt transfers on ebay to suppliment my income,and i can tell you if i decided to sell a transfer in that way as you are with this shirt i would have my account suspended and i would be being sued....i currently have one case trying to sue me for £500 over the "meerkat" image....

i wouldnt be suprised if in the future you recieve a letter from the company concerned...

that said id milk it for all its worth uptil crimbo in the hope they dont get wind of it then tone it down after....maybe next range of t shirts you do are your own original work then there wouldnt be a problem

It certainly wont be an issue. Difference between using the meerkat image and this is quite different.

And take Coca Cola. You can use a similar font, just not the ribbon at the top of the C.

As long as you are careful what you do there isn't a problem.

It certainly wont be an issue. Difference between using the meerkat image and this is quite different.

And take Coca Cola. You can use a similar font, just not the ribbon at the top of the C.

As long as you are careful what you do there isn't a problem.

Perhaps you should have gone for ....

McDaniels'r'us :grin:

I ordered my t-shirts online but didn't want to pay for delivery :blush: . Any ideas whether I can just pick them up from the club shop? Or the one in town? Or will someone let me know they're ready for collection?

You can order online but select the collect in store option or just go into the Club shop or the one opened in the Spindles centre and buy there.

You can order online but select the collect in store option or just go into the Club shop or the one opened in the Spindles centre and buy there.

I have ordered online - and already paid! I was hoping my 4 little t-shirts would be stored away somewhere with my name on a parcel or something in one of the shops. Otherwise, what's to stop the club shop (either of them - and I'm not going to both if one has sold out) selling out of the tshirts I have already paid for? Heads will roll if they have..... :ranting:

Edited by maddog