Sell On Clause to be SOLD for M Richards.

Diego, you simply don't understand the psyche of people like me who have chosen to stop going.

If anything I'm a worse culprit than 0000's - at least he can say that with a young family he just doesn't have the time and would rather spend it with his child.

Speaking for myself, I stopped going because I stopped enjoying it. The sheer misery of a Saturday afternoon at Boundary Park had finally overtaken the urge to support the club come what may through thick or thin. Add to that the feeling of helplessness, that everything TTA had tried had failed and that the club was (is) inexorably sliding towards oblivion with no way of stopping it. My personal reaction to all that was an overwhelming feeling that I could no longer stomach going and watching the club slowly die. In a way it's almost like a subconscious attempt to prepare for a life without the club, to make the inevitable less painful when it happens.

I don't seek to justify that, because I have no need to justify myself to anybody here. I salute those who are still going, they are the core that might just see the club survive. But don't you dare tell me that because I no longer attend I don't care about the club and I have no right to express my opinions on a free internet forum. We may have stopped going but we are waverers who may one day return. Drive us out and we will never return.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oafc0000 is one of US it's our club, WE try our best to do what we can in our own ways for OUR club, but there is one thing that I am certain of, it's not YOURS. So stop thinking that it is. What you are saying is not entirely correct. oafc0000 has stated he would support the club financially in other means, he even may do already.

I agree with you on that. I would never have the audacity to say it is MY Club. MyFootballClub plays elsewhere.

Diego, you simply don't understand the psyche of people like me who have chosen to stop going.

If anything I'm a worse culprit than 0000's - at least he can say that with a young family he just doesn't have the time and would rather spend it with his child.

Speaking for myself, I stopped going because I stopped enjoying it. The sheer misery of a Saturday afternoon at Boundary Park had finally overtaken the urge to support the club come what may through thick or thin. Add to that the feeling of helplessness, that everything TTA had tried had failed and that the club was (is) inexorably sliding towards oblivion with no way of stopping it. My personal reaction to all that was an overwhelming feeling that I could no longer stomach going and watching the club slowly die. In a way it's almost like a subconscious attempt to prepare for a life without the club, to make the inevitable less painful when it happens.

I don't seek to justify that, because I have no need to justify myself to anybody here. I salute those who are still going, they are the core that might just see the club survive. But don't you dare tell me that because I no longer attend I don't care about the club and I have no right to express my opinions on a free internet forum. We may have stopped going but we are waverers who may one day return. Drive us out and we will never return.

garcon, you simply don't understand the psyche of people like me who have chosen to continue going until death or until the club is no more, whichever comes first.

If you think I am capable of driving waverers out by posting on OWTB, and yet I cannot entice waverers back in, you are deluding yourself about my powers.

Thing is, isn't things like the abject feeling of hopelessness what galvanises us as fans?

Last season was the first time I honestly didn't feel like going as a Latics fan. From about November onwards, every game was a complete chore and by March I gave up completely and went watching local cricket. In fact it really began after Shez got sacked but still, I can totally empithise with the feeling of really not wanting to go and watch my team.

But this season it's been somehow different. It's like a few cobwebs have been blown away, we've looked as a team like we're going to win games by scoring goals. We look a threat and we no longer look like a team who's just going to roll over and die (last Saturday aside). OK it's not been amazing, a couple of 0-0 draws and the same old issues backstage but all the same, football on a Saturday has been enjoyable for the first time in ages.

I can understand people's skewed logic of refusing to go because of the regime, disillusionment over being stuck in this division still, but I can't get people who won't go because they still think they won't enjoy it. We've seen much, much worse on a football field as Latics fans.

There is no difference between those that can't go and those that won't go from an income point of view. So why should they be treated any differently when it comes to discussing the club in any way, shape or form?

No difference in terms of income deprivation for the Club, but a world of difference in terms of attitude towards the Club's future.

garcon, you simply don't understand the psyche of people like me who have chosen to continue going until death or until the club is no more, whichever comes first.

I do, I think. I certainly understand it enough to know it was never me. But I can respect that psyche, whereas you can't seem to respect mine.

If you think I am capable of driving waverers out by posting on OWTB, and yet I cannot entice waverers back in, you are deluding yourself about my powers.

Well, you appear to be saying that only the diehards like yourself can be considered as supporters of the club and not us waverers, so how else should we take it?

I can understand people's skewed logic of refusing to go because of the regime, disillusionment over being stuck in this division still, but I can't get people who won't go because they still think they won't enjoy it. We've seen much, much worse on a football field as Latics fans.

I've been thinking about this aspect. I think the direness of the football last season simply laid bare the awful truth, and having seen that I can't help but view the apparent (I haven't been yet) improvement in entertainment this season as nothing more than a thin veneer papering over the abyss.

I've been thinking about this aspect. I think the direness of the football last season simply laid bare the awful truth, and having seen that I can't help but view the apparent (I haven't been yet) improvement in entertainment this season as nothing more than a thin veneer papering over the abyss.

GOT ALOT TO SAY BUT YOU AINT BEEN TO A MATCH THIS SEASON

WOT A GREAT FAN YOU ARE

Maybe so. I'm not naive enough to think that isn't the case. But still, the football is enjoyable at the moment and this is mostly down to Dickov's attitude to play attacking football with pace and not be scared of blooding youngsters or not giving in to sentimentality.

Anyway, if you choose not to go fair enough. A sudden crack at promotion or a string of cup giantkillings will have people back, it's the nature of the beast really. I suspect Diego's main beef is the amount of time 0000's spends on OWTB seemingly with an opinion about everything. To see someone spend so much time on this messageboard yet brazenly state he has the time and money to go if he wants to, yet doesn't is a bit on the distasteful side in my humble.

Have we sold the Micah stake yet?