George Galloway

creepy

It will all be tied in with the respect party's Om E & S by-election campaign.

No doubt Griffin will be along soon enough.

Thanks Elwyn and Phil

The Griff is running isn't he?

I would rather he did. Let him run, let him lose and show that one of the most troubled areas has no time for him.

I really hope that labour stick a worthy candidate in Oldham. Whoever it is WILL WIN. Just make them honest, and I'd love to think - local.

do you think i posted this topic to attract the race hate mob or something?

i was told he was in Glodwick 'apparently' slagging our troops off nothing more nothing less, if you think im fishing (for whatever reason you think that) then thats up to you

I have no idea what you motivation was...

ALL I am saying is it is worth knowing the facts before creating a discussion point... You turned it into a bun fight...

I have no idea what you motivation was...

ALL I am saying is it is worth knowing the facts before creating a discussion point... You turned it into a bun fight...

:lol:

you are experienced enough to know that most of the topics on these boards are not factual

if only factual topics where posted these boards would be very quiet, not every topic has to be factual to be discussed :petesake:

ffs i wish id never have bothered

:lol:

you are experienced enough to know that most of the topics on these boards are not factual

if only factual topics where posted these boards would be very quiet, not every topic has to be factual to be discussed :petesake:

ffs i wish id never have bothered

What? So you are just posting slanderous lies?

FFS, I wish you'd never bothered either.

Most of us know what Galloway's message is, we've heard it often enough before.

I agree with part of it - that the Iraq war was illegal. But he then takes it too far. And he does so purely to create controversy and grab his little part of the media spotlight. The man is an attention whore, no more no less.

Apparently five people turned up to voice dissent against Galloway, apparently they were 'put down on the floor' and 'held until the Police came'. This then turns into "racist hate mob attack Respect meeting" in certain parts of the internet. Whatever the truth is I doubt we shall ever hear of it. I personally wouldnt want to turn up at a Respect Meeting in Glodwick mouting off against them, you're just asking to be 'held until the Police come', very gently obviously. I personally think the likelihood of a white 'racist hate mob' wandering around Glodwick and not creating a massive backlash and being all over the news are nil. Oldham politics eh?

Watch out for massive electoral fraud come election day and nary a word shall be said!

I speak too soon, the Chron says "20 members of far right group storm Pakistani Community Centre". Very odd as if you google Galloway and Oldham you get various 'eye witness' accounts from SWP or Respect or Whoever members and they say 5 people 'causing trouble'.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-storms-meeting

Sounds about right for the EDL...

I'd be interested to know if that's what really happened. Were the Chron there? Did they get that info from the Police or those organising the meeting? The GMP havent seen fit to make any announcement on it.

The problem with Oldham is that the likes of the SWP,BNP,Respect,EDL,Stoke hooligans, whoever come in from the outside with the express intention of stirring it up. And Oldham is a pot that doesnt need stirring - people die because of this s***, be it some lad who goes looking for a taxi in the wrong area or indeed some poor taxi driver who picks up the wrong people. And then the outsiders would gleefully use those deaths to prove they were right!

Guest Scratch2000uk

A respect party meeting (i think they want a candidate to run here )

From what i heard, sixteen EDL were in the vicinity of the meeting, six of them entered a building and four of them were arrested after a scuffle. The other two escaped, and were arrested later. :unsure:

Edited by Scratch2000uk

It's an interesting one all round. It is odd that the Chron wouldn't mention that the incident included one of the more famous people to visit Oldham having been at the scene and I dare say a likely cause of the gentlemen related having decided to visit. I fancy that this omission aside they haven't been overly harsh in the reporting, if the EDL were trying to get inside and just got sat on until Dibble arrived then they probably don't have much to be upset about. And I sort of agree with zeros - calling a Community Centre after a particular group sends bad signals. I only really care if I/Oldham taxpayers are paying for it though. There are Polish, Ukrainian clubs etc around the Northwest with no problem.