May be going against the grain here but...

I thought Exeter played well, despite being overpowered and completely obliterated by a blistering show of pure power, pace and high tempo. OK, we hit the post three times, and should have been out of sight by a long way, but the way they stuck at it and the character they showed was impressive. We can focus on our failures to kill it off all night long but many teams would have rolled over and capitulated entirely after the battering we gave them for over an hour.

Even despite the body blow of dropping two much deserved points I still feel strangely happy. I shouldn't, but I do.

Funny game, football.

I thought Exeter played well, despite being overpowered and completely obliterated by a blistering show of pure power, pace and high tempo. OK, we hit the post three times, and should have been out of sight by a long way, but the way they stuck at it and the character they showed was impressive. We can focus on our failures to kill it off all night long but many teams would have rolled over and capitulated entirely after the battering we gave them for over an hour.

Even despite the body blow of dropping two much deserved points I still feel strangely happy. I shouldn't, but I do.

Funny game, football.

Got to agree, exeter showed great spirit and really had no right to still be in the match.

I thought Exeter deserve great credit for having a go. IMO if a team is 3 goals in from and dont win with 15 mins to go, its the defending team's fault rather than the opposition.

BUT they had a go and if you buy a ticket, you never know what you'll get. Other teams would have just thought - sod it, take our 3-0 and lets go home.

Fair play to them, but I'm not happy!!

They were unlucky not to take all three points in the end.

They saw a weak point and exploited it. They were also a good footballing side when they were given time on the ball.

They deserved a goal for the way they came out in the second half, and once they got it their confidence grew - I'd have loved watching that if I were a neutral, and I've a lot of respect for their character - It just smarts a bit at the moment though.

Funny game, football.

I wasn't suicidal at the end of the game either, was one of those occassions when i thought wow what a great game. 5-0 at half time wouldn't have flattered us, but the rot started to set in just before half time, we were playing blind passes and trying tricks as if the game was up. Never came out second half, but Exeter never gave up and did to us what we did to them in the first half. They clawed their way back into it and we still could have won with the final kick of the game. Just a great game, i'll watch that any day. Some guy made me laugh after, whinging that it was Dickov's fault - he just goes all out for the win. I'll take that

They were unlucky not to take all three points in the end. They saw a weak point and exploited it. They were also a good footballing side when they were given time on the ball.

They deserved a goal for the way they came out in the second half, and once they got it their confidence grew - I'd have loved watching that if I were a neutral, and I've a lot of respect for their character - It just smarts a bit at the moment though.

Sorry, I'm not having that. WE were lucky we didn't give away all the points after pressing the self destruct button, but THEY were lucky we weren't 6 up by the break. It would have been a travesty if we'd have lost that game.

Sorry, I'm not having that. WE were lucky we didn't give away all the points after pressing the self destruct button, but THEY were lucky we weren't 6 up by the break. It would have been a travesty if we'd have lost that game.

Agree- the stats show that Exeter had 4 shots on target and scored from 3 of 'em. We should have won but our second half performance was poor and Exeter deserved to get a share of the points.

As someone earlier pointed out, Exeter's management team decided to play down the left wing and we simply failed to spot this and tighten up - I did point this out to PD but he obviously did not hear me :wink: