Dickovs naivity again?

I thought once again, as the same against Orient, Dickovs changes cost us 3 points. Winchester is a 16 year old lad who should have been taken off as 180 minutes in the space of 4 days at this level is bound to mean he will be off the pace later on, which was shown. Aidan White was helping him a lot tracking back with the pace he has it helped Winchester. However bringing Ritchie Jones onwho has a tendency to sit inside and has no wheels whatsoever allowed Nardiello to have a proper run at Winchester.

Taking off Taylor, Evina and White lost us the pace and movement that was causing them problems

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought once again, as the same against Orient, Dickovs changes cost us 3 points. Winchester is a 16 year old lad who should have been taken off as 180 minutes in the space of 4 days at this level is bound to mean he will be off the pace later on, which was shown. Aidan White was helping him a lot tracking back with the pace he has it helped Winchester. However bringing Ritchie Jones onwho has a tendency to sit inside and has no wheels whatsoever allowed Nardiello to have a proper run at Winchester.

Taking off Taylor, Evina and White lost us the pace and movement that was causing them problems

pretty much agree. all three were wrong subs to make at the wrong times. he will learn though

pretty much agree. all three were wrong subs to make at the wrong times. he will learn though

Agreed, he is only a young manager, not meaning to criticise, but you cant blame the players for last night. We were unlucky not to be further ahead and Dickov made the wrong changes to early with one eye on Saturday, ( which I hope we win now) which put our young team under pressure they couldnt cope with.

you carnt blame it all on the subs though its a team game, all the players strolled out for the second half thinking this is easy, then got a nasty shock when exeter came at us, and we wasnt ready for that !

thethree subs should of made a impact but didnt, like i said before stephens needs taking out of the team and given a reality check that he isint invincible and can be replace .

Agreed, he is only a young manager, not meaning to criticise, but you cant blame the players for last night. We were unlucky not to be further ahead and Dickov made the wrong changes to early with one eye on Saturday, ( which I hope we win now) which put our young team under pressure they couldnt cope with.

i disagree with that. dickov has to take the majority of the blame but it was the players who sat back stopped working heads went down and left our 17 year old right back with no support at all. and left there forward with the freedom of the box for the 2nd goal.

said it at the game last night and it seems dickov doesnt no what to say to the team when we go in at ht in a good position. whenever we go in playing crap he obviuosly gives them a rollicking and they come out and get back into the game and lift there performance. but when we have a good firts half we come out flat and complacent e.g last night hudds (although not to the same extent), peterborough. something im sure he will learn but he seems to be a good motivater but then once motivated cant keep them there

We should stick to the side that should have got us 20-0 up before Exeter got back into it.

Stephens should not be dropped at all.

:lol::lol::lol:

really ? hahaha ! he was sloppy and playing like how ever he wanted without the threat of not playing the next game, he lost the ball for there second goal. he thinks he is invincible and no one can replace him, i hope he gets 5 yellows so he HAS to be replaced.

really ? hahaha ! he was sloppy and playing like how ever he wanted without the threat of not playing the next game, he lost the ball for there second goal. he thinks he is invincible and no one can replace him, i hope he gets 5 yellows so he HAS to be replaced.

dropping him for who though ? Jarrett ? The wonder of Jones ?

He did plenty good last night but you just see the negatives. He played some great through balls and had a couple of efforts from free-kicks but yes lets bring in Jones who will not have the same impact.

Stephens is vital to the team, it's a shame you and others cannot see that.

He did plenty good last night but you just see the negatives. He played some great through balls and had a couple of efforts from free-kicks but yes lets bring in Jones who will not have the same impact.

Stephens is vital to the team, it's a shame you and others cannot see that.

i agree he is a very good footballer and is important to our team, but did you go dagenham did you go accy did you go last night ?

im saying what everyone else is saying he needs rest he has played every game for us and its starting to show, and we carnt have a weak link like him in the centre, drop him for a game rest him then maybe he could find his early season form, because he is starting play like a player under penny !

But it was obvious Exeter would come out with a 'nothing to lose' attitude. Tisdale their manager is no mug and would have roasted them I reckon. So they came out huffed and puffed for 15 minutes and I thought we'd seen off their threat. But we were the architects of our own downfall and whilst i'm critical of Dickov's, for sacrificing pace at a time when the opposition had to go for it meaning they were ripe for picking off on the break. However, like at Dagenham at times on Saturday - our ball retention was poor and more worryingly yet again we were not picking second balls up which will always put you under pressure. Bringing Lewi and Jones on, was to try and keep the ball, unfortunately it failed miserably. As for Feeney, at 3-1 up the pressures off yet he still turns backwards. At times in that second half we couldn't get out of our own half which was unforgivable, we made an average team look like world beaters when in reality Exeter were a poor side (From what I saw last night, not interested what they did on Saturday) that were there for the taking and I bet they can't believe their luck this morning

Edited by oafcprozac

i agree he is a very good footballer and is important to our team, but did you go dagenham did you go accy did you go last night ?

im saying what everyone else is saying he needs rest he has played every game for us and its starting to show, and we carnt have a weak link like him in the centre, drop him for a game rest him then maybe he could find his early season form, because he is starting play like a player under penny !

He doesn't need a rest and he's not a weak link. It's not showing at all. Stop talking crap.

Who's pinpoint cross made the second goal last night?

Stephens is okay at the moment. Just not as good as he was at the start of the season. Still a kid remember.

He was better against Huddersfield, ok at Dagenham and he played well in the first-half last night. I agree he's a kid - one that I rate and I do think he is starting to come back into form (second half apart, but they were all :censored:e) Needs to be on it on Saturday though...

Edited by oafcprozac

He did, doesn't mean he should be dropped and it still should have been cleared. Any more examples of Stephens being rubbish or is that all you've got?

Got some of him being good...

Joint top scorer, TWO assists last night (he played in White), Assist for the winner v Plymouth etc. etc, yes he's gone off the ball but he's a young lad who hasn't played 40 games yet. If he could tackle he'd already be at a higher level, just needs to concentrate on finding a blue shirt...

ok so sloppy passing and strolling round the park hmmm yeah ok.

Latics fan thinks player is rubbish because he strolls around the pitch shocker. Not heard that before. You probably thought Carlo Corrazzin was good because he was a tryer!

Latics fan thinks player is rubbish because he strolls around the pitch shocker. Not heard that before. You probably thought Carlo Corrazzin was good because he was a tryer!

you thick or plain fooking stupid ? when did i ever say he is rubbish, his recent form is rubbish, he needs to learn how to find a player in a blue shirt and learn that a little more effort wont hurt, he has played too many games and needs a rest.

you thick or plain fooking stupid ? when did i ever say he is rubbish, his recent form is rubbish, he needs to learn how to find a player in a blue shirt and learn that a little more effort wont hurt, he has played too many games and needs a rest.

I disagree. As was said above Stephens had a positive influence on the game but don't let that stop you thinking he needs a 'rest' bless him.

I don't buy this needing a rest.

We've barely played 20 games.

He's a professional footballer.

If he needs a rest, that makes him half-arsed

Edited by singe