dale v latics

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another 35 minute performance today. Not in the game for the second half.

we were great until they scored, we scored ourselves and looked good. then they score a decent goal, and we go to long ball and miss out the midfield. dale were unlucky to win and if we want to keep up a play-off position, we will have to keep up the level of performance from the first half hour for the whole game.

i know stephens and furman have a good partnership, but stephens was awful today, he's useless when its a scrappy game and we need someone to get stuck in.

we were great until they scored, we scored ourselves and looked good. then they score a decent goal, and we go to long ball and miss out the midfield. dale were unlucky to win and if we want to keep up a play-off position, we will have to keep up the level of performance from the first half hour for the whole game.

i know stephens and furman have a good partnership, but stephens was awful today, he's useless when its a scrappy game and we need someone to get stuck in.

Would agree with that wasn't that impressed with our midfield today. On another day mvoto could have been sent off.

Brill had a good game though

I honestly don't get how we went from so good (pass and move as a unit) to so bad (nobody moving or wanting the ball) in the same game.

It's bewildering.

Almost as bewildering as some of the odd decisions the ref and lino on our side came up with today. How M'voto had the free kick given against him was a mystery, as was how he stayed on once the award had been made.

Edited by opinions4u

I agree apart from the Stephens thing. He was looking for a forward out-ball but there just wasn't one. In fact on a few occasions he was the furthest forward!

We settled for a draw 2nd half. Hardly crossed the half way line. Poor today.

Furman again was knackered mid second half, the coldness didn't help and we just weren't channeling anything through the middle, we were just hoofing it aimlessly. Jones should have replaced Furman around the 70th minute, a bit more energy in the middle might have reinvigorating us.

Why were we letting O'Grady take the ball down and giving him space to pass? Dale have some decent ball players and they'll do alright this season. As for us, hope we haven't already peaked already, today we were decent at best in the first half and just not in it for the second. When you look back at Dale having a couple of decent chances and half a dozen half chances in the second half, you have to say it's a decent point because if one team was looking more likely to score a second, it was them. But it wasn't the response from Tuesday we were looking for and that's disappointing.

Overall, it was cold and shít and if you couldn't go, you really didn't miss anything.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Furman again was knackered mid second half, the coldness didn't help and we just weren't channeling anything through the middle, we were just hoofing it aimlessly. Jones should have replaced Furman around the 70th minute, a bit more energy in the middle might have reinvigorating us.

If he'd been on the bench it would have been a good call (although not after his "solidifying" efforts of Tuesday).

Substitutes

28 Gerrard, 37 Winchester, 41 Trotman, 09 Kelly, 11 Jarrett, 15 Alessandra, 17 Feeney

Edited by opinions4u

Why were we letting O'Grady take the ball down and giving him space to pass? Dale have some decent ball players and they'll do alright this season. As for us, hope we haven't already peaked already, today we were decent at best in the first half and just not in it for the second. When you look back at Dale having a couple of decent chances and half a dozen half chances in the second half, you have to say it's a decent point because if one team was looking more likely to score a second, it was them. But it wasn't the response from Tuesday we were looking for and that's disappointing.

Overall, it was cold and shít and if you couldn't go, you really didn't miss anything.

Jones wasn't on the bench, which i thought despite his recent performances was a wrong decision, jarrett is quite clearly not the answer in the middle of the field so if you drop jones there needs to be a like for like replacement instead..

Yeah after the initial 25 mins or so we faded badly from the game and resorted to aimless punts forward. The midfield were never in it 2nd half.

Too many players had off days today. I thought we would have been fired up today after tuesday with players having a point to prove, but i left spotland today very disappointed.

With over 3000 fans roaring them on i expected much better. Lucky to leave with a point in the end.

Yes we didn't play well today, but last year that would've been a game we would of lost, at the start of ths season if you had offerered me 6th in the league going into christmas, i would of snapped your hand off, a points a point, also it wasnt our playing surface today. Onwards and upwards :grin: