Who is the softest player to ever play for Latics

Taylor is an actor, not soft.

Well said, a soft player wouldn't have put the early reducer on Clarke against Huddersfield at BP last month, the defender was going nowhere, almost off the pitch and Chris took him out at knee hight, how he wasn't booked I don't know. The Huddersfield lot didn't fancy it much after that.

Taylor may go down quicker than a $20 whore in Saigon but in fairness to the lad he is only doing what most forwards do these days.

MkI Tipton was soft. MkII Tipton was mental.

I can't believe this has gone to two pages. It's Richard Butcher, hands down.

With a special mention for Jermaine Johnson away at Chesterfield.

Nostaligia trip time, but 2 defining memories of Tippy for me.

MkI Tipton, bottling it V Wrexham and getting subbed off straight away by a furious Stitch.

MkII Tipton, Hednesford away (with Dissa in their team). He had his head shaved to the bone, came on as a sub with 10 mins to go, went through a Hednesford player getting booked within a minute of coming on. Then he scored cue celebration like he'd just scored in a cup final.

MkII Tipton, Hednesford away (with Dissa in their team). He had his head shaved to the bone, came on as a sub with 10 mins to go, went through a Hednesford player getting booked within a minute of coming on. Then he scored cue celebration like he'd just scored in a cup final.

I can still feel it!!!!!!!!

toss up between Whitaker, Boshell and Mark Hotte for me

Don't remember Hotte being soft, just crap! That time he tried to head the ball clear, under absolutely no pressure, when it was only 6 inches off the ground is still to this day one of the funniest things i've ever seen on a football pitch :grin: