13 Game Season Tickets  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Buy One?

• Yes - for me
    • Yes - for somebody else
    • No - I already have one
    • No - I prefer to pay on the day
    • No - I prefer to stay away

With season tickets from just £25 (a perfect Christmas pressie), the football on display significantly better under Dickov than DP and a feeling of optimism around Boundary Park this season, I thought it worth asking the question - will you be buying a season ticket for the remainder of the season?

I already have one, but those who have lapsed, in many cases for understandable reasons, I think now would be a rather good point in time to return to the fold.

£14 a game for adults, £7 for concessions (there's Grandad's pressie sorted!) and less than £2 for kids.

This will get you in to the Boxing Day game against Carlisle and also guarantee a seat for the visits of Rochdale and Sheffield Wednesday.

LINKY TO OFFER DETAILS.

Ring the club on 0161 785 5150 for more information or call in.

Edited by opinions4u

I've also done my bit of marketing for Latics and shoved it on Hot UK Deals.

If others could rate it as "Hot" it will get more coverage on that site.

(Might get some interesting comments too :lol: )

EDIT: Let me know if the link doesn't work - struggling with my employer's laptop!

hudds town - Dec 06, 2010 16:54

They've beat us already .Shame ours aren't this cheap as we push for promotion

Edited by opinions4u

is there an expiry date for the offer? and is the under-sixteen for everywhere or certain stands?

LINKY TO OFFER DETAILS.

I assume the offer will run up to Christmas for 13 game tickets. It would make sense to leave it open after the Carlisle game. Then the same prices would buy 12 matches.

is there an expiry date for the offer? and is the under-sixteen for everywhere or certain stands?

I would guess Chaddy or RRE for the kids ST's. I have raised this many times as I have to pay £11 for my daughter in the main stand which is where my ST is :ranting:

These were advertised in the Chron last week. But the great price of 25 quid for kids wasn't highlighted enough in my opinion. It should have been as bold and prominent as the adult ST info/price. Great to see them advertised, but could've highlighted the great kids price a bit more.

Same here pal, taken her 2 or 3 times but £11 a pop for a 7 year old isn't on...

Had the conversation with Mr Hardy a couple of years ago and he told me to move my ST to another stand when I have been in Main Stand 30 odd years since I was a kid. Besides all my family go in there. My main beef is that we charge junior AWAY supporters £3 aswell yet for junior HOME supporters in Main Stand its £11. :ranting::mainstand:

Had the conversation with Mr Hardy a couple of years ago and he told me to move my ST to another stand when I have been in Main Stand 30 odd years since I was a kid. Besides all my family go in there. My main beef is that we charge junior AWAY supporters £3 aswell yet for junior HOME supporters in Main Stand its £11. :ranting::mainstand:

Is it?? That's crazy, I hadn't realised what the prices were. My kids keep asking me to take them to their first game and was hoping xmas time would be the perfect opportunity. Might have to rethink that now.

Is it?? That's crazy, I hadn't realised what the prices were. My kids keep asking me to take them to their first game and was hoping xmas time would be the perfect opportunity. Might have to rethink that now.

£3 for Latics kids in the RRE and the Chaddy.

While I don't agree with the mainstand pricing for kids, around 75% of the seats in the ground are available to kids for £3.

Edited by opinions4u

It depends where you sit. If you are in Chaddy or RRE its £3 for your kids, however Main Stand its always stayed at £11. I have had to pay it for years because they refused to listen to the fans. 2 of my pals who both had season tickets stopped going (and havn't been back since) when me and AH had the "discussion" about it a few years back. Its another area where the club have refused to listen to fans and this one definately costs us money with all the empty seats in the Main Stand.

The £3 offer should be for all stands IMO or at least charge away kids as much as you charge me for mine please Latics! :angry:

£3 for Latics kids in the RRE and the Chaddy.

While I don't agree with the mainstand pricing for kids, around 75% of the seats in the ground are available to kids for £3.

Which in fairness is a decent offer but needs to be reviewed.

My logic being she comes to probably half the games with me but if the pricing was reviewed I would get her a season ticket and they therefore get my money upfront................... simply put, they are gauranteed to sell that seat for every game albeit at a reduced rate.

Which in fairness is a decent offer but needs to be reviewed.

My logic being she comes to probably half the games with me but if the pricing was reviewed I would get her a season ticket and they therefore get my money upfront................... simply put, they are gauranteed to sell that seat for every game albeit at a reduced rate.

£3 is very good, but like you I always sit in the main stand to be with family and friends. Always have done, since I was a wee lad standing on a biscuit tin.

It depends where you sit. If you are in Chaddy or RRE its £3 for your kids, however Main Stand its always stayed at £11. I have had to pay it for years because they refused to listen to the fans. 2 of my pals who both had season tickets stopped going (and havn't been back since) when me and AH had the "discussion" about it a few years back. Its another area where the club have refused to listen to fans and this one definately costs us money with all the empty seats in the Main Stand.

The £3 offer should be for all stands IMO or at least charge away kids as much as you charge me for mine please Latics! :angry:

To be quite accurate they have listened to you. You dod the club a disservice by claiming they have not. They haven't agreed with you though, which is entirely different.

And when all is said and done, you've made a choice based on the facts. I'd prefer to watch from the mainstand too, I'm sure many ex-lookers would also, however the extra cost for my 2 kids tickets means I decided to take the RRE option. I suspect that if the Main stand was priced the same as the RRE it would end up "over-full" of parents&kids (at £50), potentially reducing the moderately higher revenue they get in that stand.

£11 for under-12 in main is to much, i can understand the club not wanting it to be £3 for under 12 in main though, it tends to be quite full usually (i think - not seen it from behind the goals for about 2 years now) and would have the club getting less revenue, maybe if the club reduced it to £6 if got before day of game and £7 on day of game? think that represents a more fairer deal..

With season tickets from just £25 (a perfect Christmas pressie), the football on display significantly better under Dickov than DP and a feeling of optimism around Boundary Park this season, I thought it worth asking the question - will you be buying a season ticket for the remainder of the season?

I already have one, but those who have lapsed, in many cases for understandable reasons, I think now would be a rather good point in time to return to the fold.

£14 a game for adults, £7 for concessions (there's Grandad's pressie sorted!) and less than £2 for kids.

This will get you in to the Boxing Day game against Carlisle and also guarantee a seat for the visits of Rochdale and Sheffield Wednesday.

LINKY TO OFFER DETAILS.

Just had a thought......what qualifies for concession ? Over 60 ?

Using some very raw Maths after the statistically dubious number of 39 votes:

22 are already season ticket holders.

4 have said they would go for this deal.

Assuming there are 2,600 season ticket holders that suggests an additional 473 season ticket holders will be added to the ranks as a result of this promotion. (4 x 2,600 / 22).

If they get anywhere near that I'd suggest that's a financial win for the football club.

To be quite accurate they have listened to you. You dod the club a disservice by claiming they have not. They haven't agreed with you though, which is entirely different.

And when all is said and done, you've made a choice based on the facts. I'd prefer to watch from the mainstand too, I'm sure many ex-lookers would also, however the extra cost for my 2 kids tickets means I decided to take the RRE option. I suspect that if the Main stand was priced the same as the RRE it would end up "over-full" of parents&kids (at £50), potentially reducing the moderately higher revenue they get in that stand.

If you go back and read it again PROPERLEY, you will see that I never said they didn't listen to me........... I said again they havn't listened to "the fans". That is a fact and you have mentioned yourself that you would rather be in the Main Stand given the choice as would the people I know who chose not to come anymore because they refused to be told where to sit or pay the extra dosh........... their choice. I am just stating a very valid reason why some would choose to stop coming.

Secondly the point that you make about any stand being "over full" has to be laughable at present because we are nowhere near that in ANY stand, and if that was the case we could adress it then! As for reduced revenue it wouldn't be half as bad as the currently vacant 6000 seats we are operating with!

£11 for under-12 in main is to much, i can understand the club not wanting it to be £3 for under 12 in main though, it tends to be quite full usually (i think - not seen it from behind the goals for about 2 years now) and would have the club getting less revenue, maybe if the club reduced it to £6 if got before day of game and £7 on day of game? think that represents a more fairer deal..

My point entirely £11 is too much simple as.

It is nowhere near full and there are always several hundred seats empty, although I would agree maybe charge more than RRE or Chaddy for kids............ is it about a pound more for adults than the other stands?????

The biggest factor which pisses people off is that its £11 for home kids and £3 for away juniors?????? That makes no sense at all. Make it a fiver for both?

Also the main stand fans must have an average age of about 60 and we need to get some youngsters back in as that is our future revenue!

My point entirely £11 is too much simple as.

It is nowhere near full and there are always several hundred seats empty, although I would agree maybe charge more than RRE or Chaddy for kids............ is it about a pound more for adults than the other stands?????

The biggest factor which pisses people off is that its £11 for home kids and £3 for away juniors?????? That makes no sense at all. Make it a fiver for both?

Also the main stand fans must have an average age of about 60 and we need to get some youngsters back in as that is our future revenue!

Out of interest do you think there is a compromise price that could be charged for the main stand for under 12's??? i.e. say £6 in advance or £7 on the day (or just a starightforward £6 either in advance or on the day.) Would you consider that a fairer pricing policy for a view along the side of the pitch as opposed to behind the goal.

Also, if/when the new stadium is up and running, my own thoughts are that the away fans should be put down 1 side as opposed to behind the goal. That being the case, they would be charged the same as the home fans with a similar view removing the anomoly of the pricing difference between home and away juniors (under 12's) altogether.

Also, if/when the new stadium is up and running, my own thoughts are that the away fans should be put down 1 side as opposed to behind the goal. That being the case, they would be charged the same as the home fans with a similar view removing the anomoly of the pricing difference between home and away juniors (under 12's) altogether.

Personally I think that side views should be reserved for home supporters in the new stadium.

As for the kids thing in the main stand, perhaps there should be a pay on the day price of £11 but allow the £25 season ticket price to apply for purchases made between now and Christmas?