e-maill address for the football league

it's unclear on their website which one you should use to draw their attention to incompetent referees - does anyone know which one to use?

Wrong organisation.

You need the Football Association. - Professional Match Game Board, or something like that. More like pick a numpty from the local park and offer him a game on Saturday.

I agree with the sentiment but you might as well send an email to Santa Claus for all the good it would do.

The fact is that neither the league, the FA or the referees will acknowledge, let alone discuss, comments on individual referee performances however poor they were.

The referee will have been assessed by both clubs and, as I understand it, a match official but, unless the clubs themselves decide to publicly comment on that assessment, it remains 'in-house'. The referee may be invited to discuss his handling of the match with the appropriate authorities but almost certainly the outcome will not be reported.

Such a shame in an age when players, club officials and fans are being urged to show respect to referees (something that I fully endorse) that it's not a two way thing.

In my book, you have to show respect in order to earn it.

Today, the referee showed great disrespect to this great game.

if i remeber correctly, dickov said at the milan night that after every game they do report and rating on the officials. maybe that will go against the ref this time.

every referee at every level gets awarded points however only works if both teams give low marks and simliar points and not dismissing one another. Otherwise it will get dismissed as sour grapes unless there accessor pulls them up.

Edited by oafctom

every referee at every level gets awarded points however only works if both teams give low marks and simliar points and not dismissing one another. Otherwise it will get dismissed as sour grapes unless there accessor pulls them up.I

I would imagine both teams would definitely give low markings.