Bottom right of the Chaddy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the friggin hell was he walking in the road?? The road is for car. The pavement is for pedestrians.

Not when there are 3000 fans going in the same direction, and 2000 going in the opposite direction it ain't. In the days when we could leave the car park that way, the cops/stewards used to hold the cars up to let the fans by. Why is it different for those parking on the street?

Not when there are 3000 fans going in the same direction, and 2000 going in the opposite direction it ain't. In the days when we could leave the car park that way, the cops/stewards used to hold the cars up to let the fans by. Why is it different for those parking on the street?

Don't really think you can go round punching cars because someone is on their phone. Who put you in charge?

To be fair both me and my Dad punched cars after the Rochdale game but for more legitimate reasons. Mine was to try and get the woman off her phone and his was because the driver (different car) had almost run him over

Would you have punched the car if it was a 18 stone bald fella on the phone.....

In my defence I was only trying to get her off the phone- there wasn't a kid in the back. If she had run over your kid (or someone like that) whilst she was on the phone you'd be justifiably angry.

My Dad's incident was some 50 yds in front, but I can guarantee if the driver hadn't have clipped him he would have done nowt. The driver drove into him (admittedly it was on the road) but the driver couldn't get very far. It would have been interesting if the person the driver had drove into was actually knocked down but there you go.

Incidentally Prendy 1984, I wasn't trying to be hard I was trying to stop some daft bint driving into someone because she was on her phone.

Take it you walk round with a blue flashing light around your head?

In my defence I was only trying to get her off the phone- there wasn't a kid in the back. If she had run over your kid (or someone like that) whilst she was on the phone you'd be justifiably angry.

My Dad's incident was some 50 yds in front, but I can guarantee if the driver hadn't have clipped him he would have done nowt. The driver drove into him (admittedly it was on the road) but the driver couldn't get very far. It would have been interesting if the person the driver had drove into was actually knocked down but there you go.

Incidentally Prendy 1984, I wasn't trying to be hard I was trying to stop some daft bint driving into someone because she was on her phone.[/quot

Edited by tangerinedreams

I stand by what I did, it could have been Mike Tyson and I would have still banged on his car. I've seen the aftermaft of children who were hurt as a result of someone on the phone whilst driving.

If people continue to drive, whilst on their mobile, on Sheepfoot Lane/Furtherwood Road immediately after our home games (provided we remain at BP) someone will eventually get hurt.

I'm sure the teachers amongst you wouldn't like people driving past your school on their phone, unless of course you do...

I stand by what I did, it could have been Mike Tyson and I would have still banged on his car. I've seen the aftermaft of children who were hurt as a result of someone on the phone whilst driving.

If people continue to drive, whilst on their mobile, on Sheepfoot Lane/Furtherwood Road immediately after our home games (provided we remain at BP) someone will eventually get hurt.

I'm sure the teachers amongst you wouldn't like people driving past your school on their phone, unless of course you do...

I dont know were I stand on this, if some random stranger had punched my window I would have jumped out and broken there nose.

I dont know were I stand on this, if some random stranger had punched my window I would have jumped out and broken there nose.

It's a sticky one. People shouldn't use mobiles whilst they drive, but I'm not sure that if someone is distracted from driving already whilst driving though a sea of pedestrians by having their window punched that it will educate them for the future or improve their driving there and then.

It's a sticky one. People shouldn't use mobiles whilst they drive, but I'm not sure that if someone is distracted from driving already whilst driving though a sea of pedestrians by having their window punched that it will educate them for the future or improve their driving there and then.

Yep, I agree, ive thought about it again.

Im afraid if some stranger punched my window I wouldnt hesitate to jump out and confront them

Yep, I agree, ive thought about it again.

Im afraid if some stranger punched my window I wouldnt hesitate to jump out and confront them

Aye, but the Doc is also right in that you shouldn't talk and drive, it does result in death and injury. Maybe we can all learn something from this and have a hug, coming out as better people?

Aye, but the Doc is also right in that you shouldn't talk and drive, it does result in death and injury. Maybe we can all learn something from this and have a hug, coming out as better people?

Piss off, hippy.

Being a teacher I am sure I wouldn't set children the example that it is alright to punch someone's car!

Do you ever see the aftermath of when people get battered for hitting someones car?

Being a teacher I am sure I wouldn't set children the example that it is alright to punch someone's car!

Do you ever see the aftermath of when people get battered for hitting someones car?

But its obviously alright according to you to drive whilst on your phone?

As for your second point- whilst I don't deny it might happen I've never seen it. Especially when there was no damage to the car.

I never said it was alright to drive whilst on your phone. But I dont understand what gives you the right to take the law into your own hands, intimidate a woman, and punch her car.

If her driving had been affected by her being on her phone then I could see why you might point it out to her but to punch her car is bang out of order in my opinion

But its obviously alright according to you to drive whilst on your phone?

As for your second point- whilst I don't deny it might happen I've never seen it. Especially when there was no damage to the car.

I saw the incident in its entirity. After having had their car punched by a foul mouthed yob (it was punched because the driver of the car pipped their horn) the car turned left at the end of sheepfoot lane and parked up. The fella surveyed what damage had been done, the woman turned back up Sheepfoot Lane to confront the tough guy loudmouth who had tried to vandalise their car.

Surprise surprise - they were nowwhere to be seen. No doubt suddenly hit by the "omg I've gotta actually face up to someone so I had better stay mute bug" which must be sweeping Oldham.

I saw the incident in its entirity. After having had their car punched by a foul mouthed yob (it was punched because the driver of the car pipped their horn) the car turned left at the end of sheepfoot lane and parked up. The fella surveyed what damage had been done, the woman turned back up Sheepfoot Lane to confront the tough guy loudmouth who had tried to vandalise their car.

Surprise surprise - they were nowwhere to be seen. No doubt suddenly hit by the "omg I've gotta actually face up to someone so I had better stay mute bug" which must be sweeping Oldham.

And that my friend absolutely sums up my thoughts of what might have happened, although I didnt witness it and I'm bloody well glad I didnt because while I dont agree with driving while on a mobile, if I had seen someone punching a womans car I would most certainly have got involved! Like Prendy said who put you in charge?????? Fecking disgraceful!

Gees, what a hero punching a car driven by a girl....