I reckon he could be off in this window....he's almost certainly our top earner and to date he has looked very ordinary.

He's not been with the Irish squad for some time now and yet he still cannot command a first team place.

One cup goal in over 5 months is not what we were looking for and we can't afford to carry a squad player like that on big wages....a loan deal away from BP would provide a major boost to our transfer funds.

He's barely played to be honest. And he wasn't in the last NI Squad because of injury, he was called up but had to pull out.

We'll find it very hard to get him offloaded given how little he's played, his injury record and his international commitments. I really don't see any option but to give him a spell in the first team, there's no internationals until mid Feb iirc so he should gets some games under his belt uninterrupted unlike before and y'know he is (or was) a good player, it's just not worked out for him so far, but time to give him a run of games to see what's what. Push Taylor back out wide and play Feeney and Brooke up front. And give Millar some more sub appearances.

Edited by PlayItLivo

He's barely played to be honest. And he wasn't in the last NI Squad because of injury, he was called up but had to pull out.

We'll find it very hard to get him offloaded given how little he's played, his injury record and his international commitments. I really don't see any option but to give him a spell in the first team, there's no internationals until mid Feb iirc so he should gets some games under his belt uninterrupted unlike before and y'know he is (or was) a good player, it's just not worked out for him so far, but time to give him a run of games to see what's what. Push Taylor back out wide and play Feeney and Brooke up front. And give Millar some more sub appearances.

And what about Tounkara?

And what about Tounkara?

He could make a good impact sub. Our strikers aren't getting the goals at the moment, so we should have a re-shuffle and try a different pairing to start with. Brooke is apparently a natural finisher and Feeney's a workhorse support striker (or he was at other clubs and for NI). Let's try a different system without a target man, keep the ball on the floor when around the box instead of looking to hoof to Tounkara.

Edited by PlayItLivo

He could make a good impact sub. Our strikers aren't getting the goals at the moment, so we should have a re-shuffle and try a different pairing to start with. Brooke is apparently a natural finisher and Feeney's a workhorse support striker (or he was at other clubs and for NI). Let's try a different system without a target man, keep the ball on the floor when around the box instead of looking to hoof to Tounkara.

didnt we do that against huddersfield ?

I reckon he could be off in this window....he's almost certainly our top earner and to date he has looked very ordinary.

He's not been with the Irish squad for some time now and yet he still cannot command a first team place.

One cup goal in over 5 months is not what we were looking for and we can't afford to carry a squad player like that on big wages....a loan deal away from BP would provide a major boost to our transfer funds.

I wish.

Feeney just aint the answer commitment to his country which he shows and lack to us has cost him big time,look at his last few clubs never had a proper run so ob something wrong,Brooke for me just aint ready needs expierience. Tounkara is a work horse and never gives up all game things will go for him my view throw Kelly in he s eager and raw and will bag¬!!

Did you see Gerry Taggart's comments in the Chron?

If a player works hard and shows myself and Paul Dickov that he really wants it, then he will play.

On the flip side of that, if a player doesn't work hard and doesn't look hungry then he won't play.

Lots of teams have differing philosophies, but that is ours and we stick to it.

Put simply, it is what picking the team is based on.

It is why players like Kirk Millar and Ryan Brooke have had their chance. They have worked hard and showed some bite in training.

Wonder if that's aimed at anyone in particular?

Thats all well and good to play the hungry players, but it needs to be looked at if those strikers don't score. For me Feeney hasn't looked good enough and so far it's Dickov's worst signing but he has the ability to bag some goals after a run of games. I'd give him a chance but then again I don't see his attitude in training. Good luck to Brooke/Miller & Kelly because I would rather they played and scored than have someone who doesn't really care.