Masters 2011

Had a look on the masters website, and there are again only 6 regional events not 8 as in previous years. So last years story about downsizing due to the World Cup was b0110cks.

Masters Football

Excuse

With this in mind, I doubt they will find room for little Latics. And forget the trouble at 2009 etc!

Last year north west was City, United, Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke, Leeds, and doubt they will bump one of them for us.

Had a look on the masters website, and there are again only 6 regional events not 8 as in previous years. So last years story about downsizing due to the World Cup was b0110cks.

Masters Football

Excuse

With this in mind, I doubt they will find room for little Latics. And forget the trouble at 2009 etc!

Last year north west was City, United, Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke, Leeds, and doubt they will bump one of them for us.

:ranting:

fantastic nights out the last 2 we was in.

Maybe the minority of scrapping Burnley and Tics blue wkd drinking fans have ruined it :ranting:

Maybe the minority of scrapping Burnley and Tics blue wkd drinking fans have ruined it :ranting:

They didn't even have to make a decision due to all the other clubs being bigger, 5 out of 6 Premiership, us league one. If they kept it bigger, then they might have had to kick us out, but suppose we will never know as they can always use this excuse.

Got this email from them, pretty much confirms it, albeit with a different and sort of understandable reason :disappointed: :

"Thanks for your email David – the football off season is now much shorter than it used to be and hence there is only room in Sky’s scheduling for the 6 heats not 8 (plus Sky have a much heavier focus on cricket than they used to) – not our decision!! Teams are to be confirmed but I would imagine without a scheduled Manchester event, Oldham are unlikely to feature in 2011.

We fully appreciate there is a demand from all Latics fans to be a apart our Masters Cup again and we hope we can accommodate you and them in the future.

All the Best David.

Regards

Adam"

What drives decisions about number of Masters events is viewing figures. The events may be popular with fans but maybe less so with viwers - and so advertising revenues fall and Sky down grade the programme.

That's correct. I currently work for sky and that is exactly what they do. For instance Bravo was getting appuling viewing numbers so sky have bought bravo and are replacing it with Sky Atlantic which is due to air from the 1st of febuary.

With the masters there is about 1,000,000 people less watching that then there is watching the cricket so thats why sky has downgraded it.

That's correct. I currently work for sky and that is exactly what they do. For instance Bravo was getting appuling viewing numbers so sky have bought bravo and are replacing it with Sky Atlantic which is due to air from the 1st of febuary.

With the masters there is about 1,000,000 people less watching that then there is watching the cricket so thats why sky has downgraded it.

I can't wait for Sky Atlantic but where am I going to get my fill of Danny Dyers deadliest men if Bravo goes?