Vat rise on tickets

I think the £20 matchday admission price should be maintained. It is a psychologically important figure to the paying fan and a barrier that carries risks if broken.

That's not to say the Club don't need to generate the revenue to cover the tax bill.

My suggestions would be to:

1) scrap the £2 advance admission discount in all stands.

2) reduce the matchday admission price to main stand lower by £1 to keep a cheap headline price (if affordable).

I reckon that would up revenue by the amount required to cover the increase and still give fans the option to get in for a fair price.

I can't remember if Latics reduced admission prices when vat went down to 15% or not. :unsure:

No. They also didn't put it up when it returned to 17.5%. They also haven't increased prices for about 5 years, despite RPI being 20%ish higher than in 2005.

17.5% VAT implies an admission price of £17.02 before VAT. If the VAT rise had been passed on the admission price would be £20.43.

Edited by opinions4u

agree with opinions4u, i think they should keep it at the 20 quid, but just scrap the 2 quid discount and maybe raise the prices of season tickets by a tenner to compensate

So keep it the same for those who pay on the gate and increase it for your most loyal fans?

So keep it the same for those who pay on the gate and increase it for your most loyal fans?

As stated earlier, the problem is the £20 price point. Its a nice round figure. Had the ticket prices been 18-19 quid i would have said increase to £20, and I did say scrap the £2 discount for buying from the ticket office before the matchday, so you are still clawing some back from your non season ticket holders.

As stated earlier, the problem is the £20 price point. Its a nice round figure. Had the ticket prices been 18-19 quid i would have said increase to £20, and I did say scrap the £2 discount for buying from the ticket office before the matchday, so you are still clawing some back from your non season ticket holders.

I would still get a season ticket as long as I could afford one. I do wonder sometimes what keeps the pay on the gate customers away and although I think its expensive, I dont think the main reason is based on cost for a lot of people!

I would still get a season ticket as long as I could afford one. I do wonder sometimes what keeps the pay on the gate customers away and although I think its expensive, I dont think the main reason is based on cost for a lot of people!

Think you are 100 percent right, as it shown last season when we only got a crowd of 6200 when the price was lowered to £2

Think you are 100 percent right, as it shown last season when we only got a crowd of 6200 when the price was lowered to £2

Unfortunately I get the impression that a lot of the exiles have found something else to do and getting them to break those habits and come back are not as simple as offering them a match for a couple of quid! We need a very succesful end product on the pitch with no money to get us there!

So was it the chicken or the egg?????

Unfortunately I get the impression that a lot of the exiles have found something else to do and getting them to break those habits and come back are not as simple as offering them a match for a couple of quid! We need a very succesful end product on the pitch with no money to get us there!

So was it the chicken or the egg?????

The only thing is though the product on the pitch is a hell of alot better than last season, yet crowds are down yet again. To me, that suggests its not the football why people arent coming.

Could be for some, although for me personally I really hope it does happen and cant wait until it does. Going to boundary park is not an enjoyable experience at all.

12 months ago I would have said you are mad.......................... unfortunately a year on I have accepted if there's no Failsworth there probably wont be a Latics, and therefore bring it on asap!

Could be for some, although for me personally I really hope it does happen and cant wait until it does. Going to boundary park is not an enjoyable experience at all.

you've hit the nail on the head, i'm a season ticket holder for the chaddy end and missed the last 2 home games because i couldn't be botherd to sit in a 3 sided ground that runs out of pies and hot water for drinks, the crowds are falling each game with less than 3500 home fans turning up and probably 1000 of those not living in oldham, god help us if tameside ever got a league team, the town of oldham is voting with it's feet and staying away i dont think they want a football team.