Who would you play up front......

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None from memory. Maybe proof that he's not good enough to start, or do you know better than the gaffer?

or how well Tonk + Taylor had been playing while Brooke was injured?

Who thought that non-league chap swindon bought, charlie austin was ready to spearhead a league one attack?

Who thought that Wayne Rooney chap who cost £30m when he was 18 would be leading a premier league attack then?

You can't say he isn't ready to lead a league one attack.. until you have seen him attempt to..

None from memory. Maybe proof that he's not good enough to start, or do you know better than the gaffer?

:lol:

Now where have I heard that before.....oh yes,

"Lee and Stephens, get rid, if they're no where near the first team then they're clearly not good enough, Shez knows best."

I'd like to see Feeney given a run out. We can't afford to write him off; not with his doubtless hefty wages and more than a year left on his contract. I don't believe he's become a bad player overnight and we need to get some value out of him. Give him five to ten games, if it's clearly not working then give Brooke a go (well, give Brooke a decent sub run out anyway).

:lol:

Now where have I heard that before.....oh yes,

"Lee and Stephens, get rid, if they're no where near the first team then they're clearly not good enough, Shez knows best."

To reiterate for a second time, I have not said get rid or he isn't a good player. I stand by he isn't the answer to our forward line at the minute. Especially to lead the line in a tough away game after a big defeat when confidence will be low.

I'd like to see Feeney given a run out. We can't afford to write him off; not with his doubtless hefty wages and more than a year left on his contract. I don't believe he's become a bad player overnight and we need to get some value out of him. Give him five to ten games, if it's clearly not working then give Brooke a go (well, give Brooke a decent sub run out anyway).

Problem that will happen with Feeney is, once he begins to (hopefully) find form again after 5-10 games.. no doubt he'll be back with the NI squad therefore disrupting form etc..

To reiterate for a second time, I have not said get rid or he isn't a good player. I stand by he isn't the answer to our forward line at the minute. Especially to lead the line in a tough away game after a big defeat when confidence will be low.

Maybe his enthusiasm from the front is what we need?

We can already see he is likely to play before Feeney as he is preferred by the management team to come on in games ahead of Feeney.. like GT said, Brooke & Millar will be rewarded for their effort and persistence in training..

I'd play both.

People like Tounkara, but they forget it is his first season in professional football and I don't think playing a target man is giving us any cutting edge up front. Tounkara would work better as an impact sub imo. So yeah, give Feeney a run out as the support striker and play it to his feet, it's a role he plays well for Northern Ireland, how do you think he retains his place above people like Lafferty and Paterson, yet doesn't seem to score many? 'Cause his graft helps to create goals. Then play Ryan Brooke ahead of him. I've been hot and cold about Brooke but he looks to have put a bit of muscle on and he's shown he's willing to throw himself in danger's way to score (Colchester equaliser last season and then diving in against the keeper to score against Preston pre-season) and according to Joe Royle Brooke's the most natural finisher at the club.

So please, let's shuffle the pack up front a bit 'cause that's where we're struggling again. Taylor back out wide, Tounk on the bench, Feeney and Brooke given a run of games.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Personally i would start with Brooke and Feeney cos at the moment our "wrecking ball" is more like a toffee hammer and in pre season Brooke looked very tasty indeed and P.D. must see something in Feeney so lets see how it goes over a few games , and if it works in kicking Tonks asse he might be a great sub to bring on ........Worth a try ??

To be fair these two haven't had a decent run together and goals aren't coming aplenty at the moment, so IMO there's nothing to lose, Tounk has had a fair crack at it and i'd like to see Brooke and Feeney alongside each other, might just be what they both need.

I'd play both.

People like Tounkara, but they forget it is his first season in professional football and I don't think playing a target man is giving us any cutting edge up front. Tounkara would work better as an impact sub imo. So yeah, give Feeney a run out as the support striker and play it to his feet, it's a role he plays well for Northern Ireland, how do you think he retains his place above people like Lafferty and Paterson, yet doesn't seem to score many? 'Cause his graft helps to create goals. Then play Ryan Brooke ahead of him. I've been hot and cold about Brooke but he looks to have put a bit of muscle on and he's shown he's willing to throw himself in danger's way to score (Colchester equaliser last season and then diving in against the keeper to score against Preston pre-season) and according to Joe Royle Brooke's the most natural finisher at the club.

So please, let's shuffle the pack up front a bit 'cause that's where we're struggling again. Taylor back out wide, Tounk on the bench, Feeney and Brooke given a run of games.

Agree with most of the bold bit. First season in professional football, played in every game so far, needs a rest onto the bench for a few games.

Feeney got quite a few starts early in the season, was gash and scored 0 goals, on that basis I'm not desperately keen to see him starting again.

I don't believe he's become a bad player overnight either, but I still don't think he's a good player.

Feeney got quite a few starts early in the season, was gash and scored 0 goals, on that basis I'm not desperately keen to see him starting again.

I don't believe he's become a bad player overnight either, but I still don't think he's a good player.

I think if he didnt wear a parachute around his waist he might be able to run slightly quicker, I bet the groundsmen hate him he digs a trench as he runs

To be fair these two haven't had a decent run together and goals aren't coming aplenty at the moment, so IMO there's nothing to lose, Tounk has had a fair crack at it and i'd like to see Brooke and Feeney alongside each other, might just be what they both need.

If i wanted to hear your opinion i would kick it out of ya :).........hahaha , didnt take me long to find ya on owtb did ya mate :dance:

Id prefer to see Tounkara with a regular forward, hes been paired with numerous players and at times operated as a lone front man doing a huge amount of chasing down for little result.

Id like to see Feeney start with him, Feeney holds the ball up miles better than Tonks and i think with his experience he could give Tonks something to run onto which is his strength, battling past defenders. At least give them a run of 5 games as a pairing, I don't think Tonks is tired hes just not confident and strikers need that in spades.

We need to get Feeney on the pitch, he was good and Im pinning my hopes he can bang a few goals in at this level. I hope PD gives him a run of games. if hes crap after 5 games at least we will know!

Id prefer to see Tounkara with a regular forward, hes been paired with numerous players and at times operated as a lone front man doing a huge amount of chasing down for little result.

Id like to see Feeney start with him, Feeney holds the ball up miles better than Tonks and i think with his experience he could give Tonks something to run onto which is his strength, battling past defenders. At least give them a run of 5 games as a pairing, I don't think Tonks is tired hes just not confident and strikers need that in spades.

We need to get Feeney on the pitch, he was good and Im pinning my hopes he can bang a few goals in at this level. I hope PD gives him a run of games. if hes crap after 5 games at least we will know!

In reality even though i would freshen the front line up completely , P.D is more likely to do as you say play Tonk with a.n.other , but given the fact that Tonk hardly wins any headers i would rather the partner be Brooke.