Ipswich fans at the Emirates

I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to be invited to the Emirates last night (gratis tickets and booze which is always good). The unfortunate part was that it was in the corporate ring. The fortunate part is that it was in between the two sets of Ipswich fans in the lower and top tier. Now, I'm not too sure how it came across on TV but hats off to them. They made a right old racket from start to finish. Huge travelling army, lots of noise and positive support. I know they were in a cup semi final against Arsenal but it was still impressive. A couple of chants that will be remembered following Cesc Fabregas' comments in the first leg

"1-0 to the rugby team"

Swing Low Sweet Charriot

Hats off to you Ipswich fans. You did your club proud.

me too

Everything about it. The racism in which it became an 'upper class anthem'. The way they sing it and pronounce it. The wankers that sing it. UB40 covering it! The fact that thousands of public school boys have climaxed in their trains to it.

Awfy, awfy song!

Everything about it. The racism in which it became an 'upper class anthem'. The way they sing it and pronounce it. The wankers that sing it. UB40 covering it! The fact that thousands of public school boys have climaxed in their trains to it.

Awfy, awfy song!

YES. YES. YES

Awfy, awfy song!

Spot on, comrade. And they can get lost singing Jerusalem before the cricket too.

On a slight tangent, how did you find the Emirates? Even when I went last year in the normal seats it felt much more like a theatre than anything else. An outstanding stadium for sure, but no football ground.

As far as corporate goes it amongst the best I've been to. Free beer at half time, comfy seats, cracking view and (last night) a fantastic atmosphere. Maybe if it was quiet I might feel the same. That type of ground is not really football to me though. It's impressive but doesnt have that much character. It's still one of the best of the new breed though.

I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to be invited to the Emirates last night (gratis tickets and booze which is always good). The unfortunate part was that it was in the corporate ring. The fortunate part is that it was in between the two sets of Ipswich fans in the lower and top tier. Now, I'm not too sure how it came across on TV but hats off to them. They made a right old racket from start to finish. Huge travelling army, lots of noise and positive support. I know they were in a cup semi final against Arsenal but it was still impressive. A couple of chants that will be remembered following Cesc Fabregas' comments in the first leg

"1-0 to the rugby team"

Swing Low Sweet Charriot

Hats off to you Ipswich fans. You did your club proud.

It was only a matter or time before you became an Arsenal fan.

Sharing your time between Twickers and the Emirates. Dirty Sell Out....

:wink:

It was only a matter or time before you became an Arsenal fan.

Sharing your time between Twickers and the Emirates. Dirty Sell Out....

:wink:

I guess, tis only a 10 minute walk away. Whilst, I obviously don't support them, and watching Arsenal every week must be frustrating (you just want someone to put their foot through the ball every now and again) it was a bit off to have Ipswich fans chanting "we support our local team" at the corporate ring - it literally cannot get more local...

They are both cracking days out (including resounding renditions of Swing Low - ooops did I say that out loud) but I'm still looking forward to Orient more than any other