Chris Taylor

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is what I said but he asked me if I would turn £100k down.

I wouldn't turn 100k down. Would Scunny be any worse a move than staying at Latics? Worst case scenario is that next season he'll be playing at the same level as he is now.

We need the money so if we get a good deal plus add-ons we have to sell him. Taylor is a great player for us and while we might not be as good with him and his work effort.

We've got White, Evina, Alessandra, Morais, Jones who can all play on the wings and are very good at this level. We've got Tounkara, Reid, Brooke, Feeney upfront who can do a good job upfront.

We won't miss Taylor as much now as we would have at the start of the season. That's not to say we won't miss him.

The future of the club is more important than keeping one player.

Would a (reported) amount of £250k be enough to ensure the club's long-term future? Nah. Promotion or liquidation!

It wouldn't but it would be a large chunk of a deficit we wouldn't need to find from somewhere. I don't think promotion solely rests on whether Taylor stays or goes.

yeah but still only getting 5000+ a week. i doubt they could afford to pay a signing on fee of that amount.

It's upto them isn't it? If they want to give Taylor that as a signing on fee and they can do then what can we do about it?

yes it is but then he will pay almost half of it in tax and insurance

Wasn't there something in the news recently how premeir league footballers are utilising off shore banks to recieve cash (especially image rights stuff) and paying no taxes on it? greedy fat b*****ds. Am sure Mr Taylor's agent will be advising on sucvh matters of Tax avoidence.

yeah but still only getting 5000+ a week. i doubt they could afford to pay a signing on fee of that amount.

How much did Scunny recieve off Southampton for Adkins? they'll pay it if they want. Remember we lost Wellens cos Donny paid him 50K to sign on. I still think he would have stayed here back then had we gave it him. Since I think he's got more ambitious or realised his career wouldn't have reaped what it ought had he not become ambitious more.

but what im saying is would they really break the bank and put that huge amount for him ? i doubt it.

Are they breaking the bank? If they sell Woolford as well, wouldn't that fund the move? I'm pretty confident Scunthorpe's finances are very sound at the moment.

Are they breaking the bank? If they sell Woolford as well, wouldn't that fund the move? I'm pretty confident Scunthorpe's finances are very sound at the moment.

yeah maybe but like i am saying 100k is alot of money for a small club like scunny, and i carnt see it happening at all.

IF Scunny are the height of Chris' ambitions he hasn't a clue whatever the signing on fee. They can easily come down and are likely this time to stay down as team/manager changed significantly. IF he had chance to go to a mid to top club in championship well thats worth a thought. BUT without question PD has got Chris playing like he used to do and stopped his next move being a Chesterfield type.

Stik around see what happens or risk being on fringe elsewhere? If its short term cash hes after good riddance if its a positive career move good luck. But best where he is and attract a Leeds type bid. White for Taylor ??? joke by the way.

I would take that deal every day of the week.