If we go up PtII

If we go up and Failsworth isn't going ahead for whatever reason......................

Will there be any scope for sticking a big new main stand where the Lookers was.......?

or a temporary stand if Failsworth is underway/going to happen but we don't want to miss out on the extra gate receipts...........??

If we go up and Failsworth isn't going ahead for whatever reason......................

Will there be any scope for sticking a big new main stand where the Lookers was.......?

or a temporary stand if Failsworth is underway/going to happen but we don't want to miss out on the extra gate receipts...........??

So in the championship we would be past capacity eh? - dream on...!!

So in the championship we would be past capacity eh? - dream on...!!

We might. It depends who else in the Championship and when we play them. Last time we were there we got over 10,000 a couple of times a season and some of the teams we did that against are quite likely to still be in the Championship next season.

I'm not saying we will, but it is far from impossible. I will however be very surprised if season ticket holders in the RRE can keep the same seat if we go up. We will be giving the big section, or the whole of the RRE, to too many teams for that to be a viable option.

2 points;

1. Last time we were there we had come down from the Prem & gates were generally bigger

2. If we were over 10k twice, not worth investing in a new stand.

A return to the prem would create a debate maybe but not the 2nd tier

if we go up to championship and failsworth will happen, but will still take a few years, then hopefully the club will make whats remaining of the lookers, into a stand, getting it up to health and safety regulations, that could add, about an extra thousand seats available?

We might. It depends who else in the Championship and when we play them. Last time we were there we got over 10,000 a couple of times a season and some of the teams we did that against are quite likely to still be in the Championship next season.

I'm not saying we will, but it is far from impossible. I will however be very surprised if season ticket holders in the RRE can keep the same seat if we go up. We will be giving the big section, or the whole of the RRE, to too many teams for that to be a viable option.

i would hope that if we did go up,the club relocates away fans to the chaddy end...and keeps us in the newer stand....

any temp stand could be organised...you dont need to put a roof on it...so chaeper still....

if we do go up and we consolodate in midtable for a few seasons i dont see any reason why attendances wouldnt go up...away crowds would...

i would hope that if we did go up,the club relocates away fans to the chaddy end...and keeps us in the newer stand....

any temp stand could be organised...you dont need to put a roof on it...so chaeper still....

if we do go up and we consolodate in midtable for a few seasons i dont see any reason why attendances wouldnt go up...away crowds would...

no reason why they couldnt do what blackpool did for many years and put a temp stand for all the away fans and then look to improve facilities for the home fans

2 points;

1. Last time we were there we had come down from the Prem & gates were generally bigger

2. If we were over 10k twice, not worth investing in a new stand.

A return to the prem would create a debate maybe but not the 2nd tier

Both valid points, it depends on how much it will cost for us to put a new stand up and how much it will make, including the reduction in policing costs as the away fans will be in a seperate stand to the home ones.

If we go up and manage to stay up for another season(s) then putting up a new Gene Kelly stand might pay for itself. Especially if we get a good cup game- more likely than this season because of our automatic 3rd round status.

Plus, if its up it might come in handy in at this level depending on who else is here.

I think the club will have looked at it previously, if they haven't then perhaps they should have done. Doing so will give them an idea of how much it will cost (including the extras required) and how much they might make out of it. I think you are right, if we have the ability to exceed our current capacity twice then perhaps it isn't worth it.

One option might be to make the Chaddy the away end, but surely the likes of Diego wouldn't put themselves before the club. As perhaps the problem isn't fitting in enough away fans (as I was thinking) its making sure all the home fans can fit in if we give the away team the whole of the RRE- the coppers may like that too since the Chaddy doesn't have a bar.

Both valid points, it depends on how much it will cost for us to put a new stand up and how much it will make, including the reduction in policing costs as the away fans will be in a seperate stand to the home ones.

If we go up and manage to stay up for another season(s) then putting up a new Gene Kelly stand might pay for itself. Especially if we get a good cup game- more likely than this season because of our automatic 3rd round status.

Plus, if its up it might come in handy in at this level depending on who else is here.

I think the club will have looked at it previously, if they haven't then perhaps they should have done. Doing so will give them an idea of how much it will cost (including the extras required) and how much they might make out of it. I think you are right, if we have the ability to exceed our current capacity twice then perhaps it isn't worth it.

One option might be to make the Chaddy the away end, but surely the likes of Diego wouldn't put themselves before the club. As perhaps the problem isn't fitting in enough away fans (as I was thinking) its making sure all the home fans can fit in if we give the away team the whole of the RRE- the coppers may like that too since the Chaddy doesn't have a bar.

Yep agree, especially about away fans in the Chaddy - good points well put.