Would You Share Grounds?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Share Grounds...

• Yes - With Rochdale
    • Yes - With anyone in Oldham
    • Yes - With anyone anywhere*
    • Yes - But only on a redeveloped BP
    • No - Never

No chance three teams sharing a ground just wouldn't work. Also can't see Bury and Rochdale agreeing to this.

Football league rules state you cant keep your name if you leave your towns borough for more than 4 years so its a non-starter im afraid.

Football league rules state you cant keep your name if you leave your towns borough for more than 4 years so its a non-starter im afraid.

I think thats for cases like mk dons. I'm sure a dispensation could be made for 3 clubs sharing one pitch.

I'd take the nice shiny new stadium shared with Rochdale near kingsway. Spotdary Park. However, as one of their fans have said in here, they don't want or need it. Lacks ambition in my eyes but hey ho....

Why does that make it a non-starter?

Because we sure wont want to loose our identity as im sure bURY wont just so you can have a ground to play at, sorry if it sounds harsh but theres no reason for either club to leave their grounds. If I remember rightly it was an idea of your chairman Ian Scott??? for the 3 clubs to merge to be renamed Manchester North End, you could hear the laughter for miles coming from the Dale and buckets boardrooms.

Edited by 3lions

I think thats for cases like mk dons. I'm sure a dispensation could be made for 3 clubs sharing one pitch.

I'd take the nice shiny new stadium shared with Rochdale near kingsway. Spotdary Park. However, as one of their fans have said in here, they don't want or need it. Lacks ambition in my eyes but hey ho....

It isnt Rotherham have a short time left before they have to return to the borough of Rotherham or they will either have to loose their identity or get chucked out of the FL.

Because we sure wont want to loose our identity as im sure bURY wont just so you can have a ground to play at, sorry if it sounds harsh but theres no reason for either club to leave their grounds. If I remember rightly it was an idea of your chairman Ian Scott??? for the 3 clubs to merge to be renamed Manchester North End, you could hear the laughter for miles coming from the Dale and buckets boardrooms.

I can see Pine Villa playing out of the town... I wouldn't be so sure others don't see that either...