157 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Share Grounds...

• Yes - With Rochdale
    • Yes - With anyone in Oldham
    • Yes - With anyone anywhere*
    • Yes - But only on a redeveloped BP
    • No - Never

ok will tick that

No one will come to Oldham to share BP which is why a ground between the towns of Oldham and Rochdale would be the best option.

You have no history at the ground for either team.

Neither side is tennants of the other one.

Wimbledon at Crystal Palace or West Ham, Brighton at Gillingham, (I seem to recall) Chester at Macclesfield where all tennants of the other team.

we had a discussion a month or so ago about the AFL (Australian Football League) where although each club is from a suberb outside Melbourne which they claim as their own just like Oldham/Stockport/Rochdale, the teams all play in Melbourne City Centre to cover the costs, I wonder if something like this will happen in the future

Of course we'd all love to have our own state-of-the-art facilities but short of promotion, Richards being sold and a few thousand fans returning, that won't be happening.

A ground-share with Rochdale could be viable and I wouldn't be against it in principle. The fixed costs of running the ground must be pretty high so to share them with another club makes sense for both clubs.

At the moment OAFC is not a going concern so we can't rule out anything that allows us to still support our club.

Would both sets of players share the same training pitch though?! I could imagine Taggart going on the sabotage each morning :wink:

we had a discussion a month or so ago about the AFL (Australian Football League) where although each club is from a suberb outside Melbourne which they claim as their own just like Oldham/Stockport/Rochdale, the teams all play in Melbourne City Centre to cover the costs, I wonder if something like this will happen in the future

Good idea as long as some idiot does not try to merge the 3 clubs.

I'm probably talking bollox here, but how about a move to middleton, ground sharing with Rochdale and Bury. Yeah the FA may have a headache sorting out the fixtures, and the pitch would take some wear and tear, on top of that it would all depend on the three clubs being in favour of the move, but with many lower league clubs close to going bust. I think ground sharing is really the only way forward, and Middleton would be pretty much slap bang between all 3 clubs. Like i said i'm probably talking bollox, and i'm just dreaming.

The fact that Brighton's finally going ahead at least gives us some hope that even after several years of poor planning and endless red tape, there will be a new ground or significiantly enhanced Boundary Park.

What about other examples of clubs moving to new stadiums - genuine question - which of them (MK Dons being the horrendous extreme) have moved outside of their traditional limits, their borough? Bolton moved from right in the centre of Bolton to Horwich is it? Is that still in the borough of Bolton? What about Colchester, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury and the likes? Have they had any objection to the exact location of the stadium? I am just wondering if there are examples that we can prove that the loyal support has by and large remained despite moving away from their traditional locations? Sorry if this has been covered before.

The fact that Brighton's finally going ahead at least gives us some hope that even after several years of poor planning and endless red tape, there will be a new ground or significiantly enhanced Boundary Park.

What about other examples of clubs moving to new stadiums - genuine question - which of them (MK Dons being the horrendous extreme) have moved outside of their traditional limits, their borough? Bolton moved from right in the centre of Bolton to Horwich is it? Is that still in the borough of Bolton? What about Colchester, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury and the likes? Have they had any objection to the exact location of the stadium? I am just wondering if there are examples that we can prove that the loyal support has by and large remained despite moving away from their traditional locations? Sorry if this has been covered before.

Chestefield moved one mile from saltergate.. so don't think their was much objection to that if any..

I'm probably talking bollox here, but how about a move to middleton, ground sharing with Rochdale and Bury. Yeah the FA may have a headache sorting out the fixtures, and the pitch would take some wear and tear, on top of that it would all depend on the three clubs being in favour of the move, but with many lower league clubs close to going bust. I think ground sharing is really the only way forward, and Middleton would be pretty much slap bang between all 3 clubs. Like i said i'm probably talking bollox, and i'm just dreaming.

No chance three teams sharing a ground just wouldn't work. Also can't see Bury and Rochdale agreeing to this.