Time to take stock

There's a lot of emotion around the board at the moment and it's good to see, especially after last season, that the majority of people appear to be behind the club and SC.

What we need is: -

1) People to get down to BP in numbers tomorrow and support Paul Dickov and his players, hopefully see an entertaining game of football provide 3 points in our promotion battle and come back again and again this season. That is the starting point.

2) Stand back and take a deep breath after the news of the last 48 hours. Mistakes have been made, particularly it seems by the Council. Some have had their doubts for some time that the Council had it in them to deliver and will argue that they have been proved right. Being proved right doesn't get us anywhere. What we want is a club, a ground and a future. The club AND the Council need a little time. Time to calm down, assess, discuss and see if anything can be salvaged from this mess. I firmly believe that the Council, and I'm talking all parties here, do NOW want a new stadium and the subsequent regeneration that comes with it, it's more a question of do they have the expertise to deliver.

3) No knee jerk reactions including from fans. Talk of a move outrside the Borough is all well and good and with good reason. However, at the end of the day, we are called Oldham for a reason and should and must try and ensure that we have a team that plays in the Borough if at all possible. If it is not possible then fair enough, but I believe that now is not the time to be discussing this course of action. I'd rather play in Failsworth, Moorside, Shaw even Greenfield if at all possible. Middleton is being proposed, but that also has an M postcode. As I say now is not the time or place. If you seriously think that BP is still the best option then your entitled to that opinion as well, but don't just say that, come forward with an idea that will make it viable, maybe soemone has missed something.

4) A United (sorry can't think of a more appropriate word unfortunately) front. This is a time for the trust to come to the forefront and start a campaign. It's no longer about personalities, it's about our clubs future. People need to volunteer to make themselves available to the trust and put forward ideas that can see a concerted effort started

5) Lapsed fans, and I'm thinking of the likes of Derek Wilson (not getting at you DW just think you are a good eg) stalwart fans from years gone by, to put their gripes with the club to one side for now and help sort this mess out.

Basically what I'm saying is see where we are in a few days time, lets see if the parties involved can come up with a solution, but in the meantime start singing from the same hymmn sheet for the sake of Oldham Athletic Football club. It's OUR club, YOUR club, the TOWN'S club

Keep the Faith, Love the Club Hate the Council!! whatever it has to be, needs to be.

There's a lot of emotion around the board at the moment and it's good to see, especially after last season, that the majority of people appear to be behind the club and SC.

What we need is: -

1) People to get down to BP in numbers tomorrow and support Paul Dickov and his players, hopefully see an entertaining game of football provide 3 points in our promotion battle and come back again and again this season. That is the starting point.

2) Stand back and take a deep breath after the news of the last 48 hours. Mistakes have been made, particularly it seems by the Council. Some have had their doubts for some time that the Council had it in them to deliver and will argue that they have been proved right. Being proved right doesn't get us anywhere. What we want is a club, a ground and a future. The club AND the Council need a little time. Time to calm down, assess, discuss and see if anything can be salvaged from this mess. I firmly believe that the Council, and I'm talking all parties here, do NOW want a new stadium and the subsequent regeneration that comes with it, it's more a question of do they have the expertise to deliver.

3) No knee jerk reactions including from fans. Talk of a move outrside the Borough is all well and good and with good reason. However, at the end of the day, we are called Oldham for a reason and should and must try and ensure that we have a team that plays in the Borough if at all possible. If it is not possible then fair enough, but I believe that now is not the time to be discussing this course of action. I'd rather play in Failsworth, Moorside, Shaw even Greenfield if at all possible. Middleton is being proposed, but that also has an M postcode. As I say now is not the time or place. If you seriously think that BP is still the best option then your entitled to that opinion as well, but don't just say that, come forward with an idea that will make it viable, maybe soemone has missed something.

4) A United (sorry can't think of a more appropriate word unfortunately) front. This is a time for the trust to come to the forefront and start a campaign. It's no longer about personalities, it's about our clubs future. People need to volunteer to make themselves available to the trust and put forward ideas that can see a concerted effort started

5) Lapsed fans, and I'm thinking of the likes of Derek Wilson (not getting at you DW just think you are a good eg) stalwart fans from years gone by, to put their gripes with the club to one side for now and help sort this mess out.

Basically what I'm saying is see where we are in a few days time, lets see if the parties involved can come up with a solution, but in the meantime start singing from the same hymmn sheet for the sake of Oldham Athletic Football club. It's OUR club, YOUR club, the TOWN'S club

Keep the Faith, Love the Club Hate the Council!! whatever it has to be, needs to be.

what he said. we can't do anything apart from get behind the team tomorrow and show corney we're behind the club.

Very optimistic Harry, but give us a clue where you think there's land in Oldham to build a new stadium, sounds to me as if you are thinking on the lines of a stadium with far less capacity than BP or Failsworth.

Do you see Latics going the way of Oldham Rugby, remaining within the borough, but at a non league style ground ?

Very optimistic Harry, but give us a clue where you think there's land in Oldham to build a new stadium, sounds to me as if you are thinking on the lines of a stadium with far less capacity than BP or Failsworth.

Do you see Latics going the way of Oldham Rugby, remaining within the borough, but at a non league style ground ?

derker is 90% empty , :blink:

you cant stay in a non league style ground the fa wouldnt allow it....

if you look around oldham there is lots of land sat there doing nothing....some might have buildings on it at the moment but could be cleared....the other facilities just need incorporating into the design,thats just engineering.in this day and age you can put parking underground.....you can build upwards etc etc....off the top off my head..

greengate..massive space available..still local

salmon fields..3/4 empty....relocate existing buisnesses and flatten the land,build there not too far from bp

ferney fields....farmers on his arse.....still local

burnley lane the old japinda products mill is up for demoliton,add in the ground to the side of it which runs down to the back of the rifle range and thats just across from bp

alexandra reatil park....smaller scale but still doable...

it all depends if there is still a strong enough will to carry on,and see it through to the end.....we can spout and shout all we like,but at the end of the day it isnt our money thats being wasted.

if you look around oldham there is lots of land sat there doing nothing....some might have buildings on it at the moment but could be cleared....the other facilities just need incorporating into the design,thats just engineering.in this day and age you can put parking underground.....you can build upwards etc etc....off the top off my head..

salmon fields..3/4 empty....relocate existing buisnesses and flatten the land,build there not too far from bp

burnley lane the old japinda products mill is up for demoliton,add in the ground to the side of it which runs down to the back of the rifle range and thats just across from bp

it all depends if there is still a strong enough will to carry on,and see it through to the end.....we can spout and shout all we like,but at the end of the day it isnt our money thats being wasted.

Salmon Fields is perfect.................relocate the businesses to.............Failsworth....good motorway access etc etc :) Would be worth doing

a cheap deal for the land :)

have you mentioned this to AH?

may come to nothing but its worth putting ideas in his head!