Ed Miliband

oafc0000

Cameron just had his arse kicked by Ed Miliband at PMQs... The lad might have potential... :)

I find it incredible, after everything Labour did to the country that they still feel they are able to comment on the job that the current government are doing. Red Ed is a no mark and hopefully for the sake of the nation he or anyone from his party never darkens the entrance to Number 10 again! They are still trying to get rid of the smell of bulls**t that Gormless and Teflon Tony left!

I find it incredible, after everything Labour did to the country that they still feel they are able to comment on the job that the current government are doing. Red Ed is a no mark and hopefully for the sake of the nation he or anyone from his party never darkens the entrance to Number 10 again! They are still trying to get rid of the smell of bulls**t that Gormless and Teflon Tony left!

Surely it's their job to question the current government, after all they are the opposition....... who else can question what the government are doing bearing in mind the other two parties are in power...... :angry:

Surely it's their job to question the current government, after all they are the opposition....... who else can question what the government are doing bearing in mind the other two parties are in power...... :angry:

Most of the crap that they are questioning the government about now is wanting answers to the problems they created in the first place. But then again thanks to Gormless's backtrack on their promise for a Referendum on the EU, the whole idea of Prime Minister's Questions is somewhat pointless as Parliament is pretty powerless to do anything as they are overuled by Brussels. Milliband is a tool and a typical Labourite.........loves spending other peoples money and then blaming everyone else when it runs out and their pathetic policies have failed...........again.

Edited by Killens_physio

Not taking red ed and labour seriously until they put an alternative plan on the table as to how they would deal with the deficit.

Yeah these tory cuts stink, but not heard anything as to where labour would make the cuts (as by Ed Milliands own admission, he would have had to make them had labour regained power)

Cameron is going bald too. He's got a back-to-front combover to hide it. His fringe would go down to his belly button. You can see it best from above. Maybe they should get hotspot in for PMQs.

You can tell Cameron is rattled when he starts getting things totally wrong, which is more often than people might think. Selective quotes is one thing (used again today), but this is totally another...

Cameron said: "On Sure Start, the budget is going from £2.212 million to £2.297 million."

It turns out that the value of the Early Intervention Grant in total is going up from £2.212 billion to £2.297 billion. Slip of the tongue or someone who doesn't really know what they're on about?

Cameron is going bald too. He's got a back-to-front combover to hide it. His fringe would go down to his belly button. You can see it best from above. Maybe they should get hotspot in for PMQs.

You can tell Cameron is rattled when he starts getting things totally wrong, which is more often than people might think. Selective quotes is one thing (used again today), but this is totally another...

Cameron said: "On Sure Start, the budget is going from £2.212 million to £2.297 million."

It turns out that the value of the Early Intervention Grant in total is going up from £2.212 billion to £2.297 billion. Slip of the tongue or someone who doesn't really know what they're on about?

Someone else noticed this ridiculous event, hours and hours after I did...

Andy Burnham (Leigh) (Lab): On a point of order, Madam Deputy Speaker. I am sorry to interrupt the House, but this is on a matter highly relevant to this debate. At Prime Minister’s questions earlier today, the Prime Minister gave an inaccurate picture about Sure Start funding to this House. He said:

“On Sure Start, the budget is going from £2.212 million to £2.297 million. That budget is going up. That is what is happening.”

There are two problems with that statement. First, those figures do not refer to the Sure Start budget; they refer to the early intervention grant, which pays for 21 separate programmes in addition to Sure Start. Secondly, the budget is not going up. The Prime Minister’s figures compared 2011-12 with 2012-13. If he had compared this year’s budget of £2,483 million with that in 2012-13, he would have found that there is a cash cut of £186 million.

Councils are making some very difficult decisions on these matters right now and it is only fair to them that the correct figures are on the record and in the public domain. I wonder whether you might ask the Prime Minister to set the record straight.

Trouble at t'mill. Pants on fire.

I don't get it. Those in parliament and countless seemingly intelligent people the length and breadth of the country argue the toss until they're blue (or red) in the face over various political issues.

However nobody seems interested in addressing the fundamental problem that is our persistent operation of a system whereby, essentially, this party and that party take turns (terms?) in government which, to me at least, makes a monumental mockery of common sense.

I can only imagine there are just two ways to skin a cat, and that they're hardly any different at that.

Until everyone gets off their backsides and protests properly then we get what we deserve. All those who vote Lib/lab/con and then argue like loonies over who did what need to realise they are all self serving toerags in it for themselves and the power. That is why all 3 parties won't stop europe because they want part of that corrupt power hungry mob. You mention UKIP, BNP, independent MPs and other parties classed as useless nutters but they stand in the elections and if people actually voted them in and gave the current lot bloody noses and lost money, then they will never ever listen to us.

Exactly the same applies in council elections. You all vote lib/lab/con and wouldn't give a set of independents a cat in hells chance of getting in and breaking apart the corruption

I don't get it. Those in parliament and countless seemingly intelligent people the length and breadth of the country argue the toss until they're blue (or red) in the face over various political issues.

However nobody seems interested in addressing the fundamental problem that is our persistent operation of a system whereby, essentially, this party and that party take turns (terms?) in government which, to me at least, makes a monumental mockery of common sense.

I can only imagine there are just two ways to skin a cat, and that they're hardly any different at that.

The government is so huge, and it's thousands of various branches spread out across so many offices and managed by so many thousands of experts, that even a small change is portrayed as the end of the world. That's why elections change little (Carl is 100% right that Labour were committed to much the same level of cuts for example). Until the government is reduced to a fraction of it's current size we face rule by committee.

Ed was crap today...

Prescott was really weird arguing against Lord Pantsdown just now. He was really taken aback when Ashdown told him to shut up, then seemed to spend the rest of his time trying to make the most amazed faces he could at every one of his sentences. He doesn't have a face made for acting. Or much else.

Prescott was really weird arguing against Lord Pantsdown just now. He was really taken aback when Ashdown told him to shut up, then seemed to spend the rest of his time trying to make the most amazed faces he could at every one of his sentences. He doesn't have a face made for acting. Or much else.

I thought Prescott was right though...

As much as I think cameron is a smarmy tosspot, he was spot on re the Manchester City Council cuts.

If what he said is true then a lot of Manchester residents should be up in arms... Totally out of order...

That said, remember a smarmy tosspot said it though so take it with a pinch of salt...

Caroline Spelman has just had to say sorry in Parliament for trying to sell off the forests (rightly so / I didn't support Labour doing it either)... Pretty dam embarrassing for her... Totally sold out by her own party..

Edited by oafc0000

Caroline Spelman has just had to say sorry in Parliament for trying to sell off the forests (rightly so / I didn't support Labour doing it either)... Pretty dam embarrassing for her... Totally sold out by her own party..

She won't mind taking a bullet for the top table just so long as she keeps her ministerial allowance.

I agree, but not perhaps for the same reasons (shock horror :wink: ). This is really a ridiculous argument, it gets painted as if the trees where Robin Hood and his band of merry men (incidentally, the Forest fans never did answer that question one way or another...) used to hang out were for the axe - no, we are talking pretty much about evergreen commercial forests, where they replant as they cut down, and all experience shows that governmental agencies are disastrous at forest management. Call them, "tree farms," and it doesn't sound quite so emotive, but beardy Lib Dems and nimby Tories got frit that their local woodland was going to be tarmaced. Oh well.