Game of Thrones Trailer HBO

Oafc88

Personally can't wait for this, anyone else read the books? i've loved and read them all upto now and am just waiting for the next book in the series to come along now. Though from what ive read an heard longer time fans of the series have been waiting ages for the next installment.

Im hoping the tv series is good (great even), the author has been on set and helped with the art style, etc. and its being done by HBO so should it hopefully do the books justice! Edited by Oafc88

Personally can't wait for this, anyone else read the books? i've loved and read them all upto now and am just waiting for the next book in the series to come along now. Though from what ive read an heard longer time fans of the series have been waiting ages for the next installment.

Im hoping the tv series is good (great even), the author has been on set and helped with the art style, etc. and its being done by HBO so should it hopefully do the books justice!

Never heard of it. Looks smart though.

Is this likely to be on Sky Atlantic with the rest of the HBO stuff?

Never heard of it. Looks smart though.

Is this likely to be on Sky Atlantic with the rest of the HBO stuff?

Yeah it definitely is though i dunno whether to watch it as it comes out in the US or here on Sky Atlantic. Might just wait for the better quality on my tv as long as the wait isn't too much between uk and us airings.

Edited by Oafc88

Is it me or does it have some similarities to Tolkein?

I'm not sure but i think Martin, the author of the books, has said he was influenced in part by the Tolkien books so i can imagine there being some similarites. Then again what epic fantasy setting doesn't these days.

It's definitely a lot grittier anyway. It's going to be one of them ones were main or well liked characters get killed off (and not done lightly where it's for shock value) so similar to the wire in that sense and i reckon there are a few decent plot twists that you might not see coming though how well a plot twist is handled in the book could be different on tv. Fingers crossed Martin has had enough input on set so it comes out right.

My only concern that might turn people off after the 1st or 2nd episode is that there is an incest story line of sorts in there but fingers crossed they handle it well. I dunno how this will get handled but i hope it's done just enough where it won't put some people off that are really uncomfortable with incest. From reading the books its not that big of an issue as such so i found it easy to get around the idea of it.

• 1 month later...

Watched the first episode last nite and thought it was pretty good. I will be watchin the rest of the series for sure.

The Midget is one lucky man :grin:

Haha he certainly is! hopefully the action starts picking up like it does in the books.