Census 2011 Oldham Athletic Religion!

Am I right in thinking that if enough people were to put Oldham Athletic as their religion in the census it would be a recognised religion in the uk?

I have done it anyway as I am not religious about anything else lol.

That would make Joe Royle our god and Andy Ritchie a prophet! :lol:

At least if we do fold its a record for future generations I was a latic :blush:

I think the number required is 10,000.

But it didn't work in 2001 when more than this claimed to be Jedi.

Never mind we don’t have 10,000 of anything anymore in that case.

Bit of a shame because if it was a recognised religion then Oldham Council might be a little more helpful in finding us a place to worship ie a ground with four sides! lmao

I think the number required is 10,000.

But it didn't work in 2001 when more than this claimed to be Jedi.

im sure i have read somewhere this week that it did become a religion....there is a new one doing the rounds trying to get heavy metal as a religion..i am going down that route...more chance of it happening,lol

Er, you know that putting something in the census doesn't make it a religion, right? (See ONS' statement after the last census.)

As far as I can tell, only the Charity Commission have anything like a say in determining what gets recognised, and that relates more to charitable status.

(There you go, po-faced answer out of the way!)

Er, you know that putting something in the census doesn't make it a religion, right? (See ONS' statement after the last census.)

As far as I can tell, only the Charity Commission have anything like a say in determining what gets recognised, and that relates more to charitable status.

(There you go, po-faced answer out of the way!)

IF we have to wait for the Charity Commision, the we might have to wait till the next CEnsus to get a repsonse!

Am I right in thinking that if enough people were to put Oldham Athletic as their religion in the census it would be a recognised religion in the uk?

At least if we do fold its a record for future generations I was a latic :blush:

before putting anything daft in the census pause for thought for a second. For hundreds of years to come any descendants of yours who do their family trees will come across you and think something along the lines of "jeez, Great Grandad was a dick wasnt he?"