You know what would have been nice today

Oh is that how it works? Dear me you are an helmet.

Tell Fergie if United get Barca in the final of the champs league they just need tall defenders. Messi and Villa will do :censored: all if they are marked by taller players.

We play passing football, the height of our players should not matter.

Ok read what has already been posted you idiot, with all the crosses we put into the box today fennel and dickov both would of been useless to the cause, do we paly like barca? No .

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok read what has already been posted you idiot, with all the crosses we put into the box today fennel and dickov both would of been useless to the cause, do we paly like barca? No .

Fennel? You've been swollwing too many Irish men.

If you watch todays game, we didnt score through lack of height it was lack of know how. Tonks, Reid and Billie Jean are big enough but they don't know where the get themselves into.

Feeney has bagged more goals than you have bagged free school meals, I think he was worth a shout.

Fennel? You've been swollwing too many Irish men.

If you watch todays game, we didnt score through lack of height it was lack of know how. Tonks, Reid and Billie Jean are big enough but they don't know where the get themselves into.

Feeney has bagged more goals than you have bagged free school meals, I think he was worth a shout.

He probably did because I had to pay for my meals, it's actually auto corrected itself as I am on my iPad your knob, not really so it's just knowing where to stand when there are showers of crosses coming in?

Ok....

Tounkara is still gash though, perhaps if he had stuck his leg out or went fora diving header then the chance Taylor put on a plate for him that I'd have had trouble missing, might have gone in. Reid + Brooke/Lewis next game please.

He's been my favourite player this season (not the best I hasten to add) but even I think he should've been dropped about a month ago.

He probably did because I had to pay for my meals, it's actually auto corrected itself as I am on my iPad your knob, not really so it's just knowing where to stand when there are showers of crosses coming in?

Ok....

What has my knob got to do with it?

Also yes, Andy Ritchie, Ian Rush, Alan Shearer and Roger Palmer made a living out of knowing where to stand when crosses came in.

I can hear your step dad calling for some bitty lee.....

I would sum up today's game in one word .... disappointing.

Disappointing to see so much posession but no ideas.

Disappointing to see two wingers who didn't seem keen on taking on defenders and apart from maybe two efforts, fail to deliver a single quality cross

Disappointing to see players receiving the ball in stationary positions

Disappointing to see no six yard box play

Disappointing to see no substitutions (until the final minutes) - if nothing else, a substitution at least tells the fans the management don't like what they see.

The final disappointment is the realisation that we have a team of journeymen footballers without a single player to excite or inspire me.

The championship may be the manager's aspiration - but it won't be with the Latics.

He's been my favourite player this season (not the best I hasten to add) but even I think he should've been dropped about a month ago.

I don't see how he's been everyones favorite, i haven't really liked him at all since he signed, we thought he was injured at Tranmere when he was off the pace, seems that just him as a player!

What has my knob got to do with it?

Also yes, Andy Ritchie, Ian Rush, Alan Shearer and Roger Palmer made a living out of knowing where to stand when crosses came in.

I can hear your step dad calling for some bitty lee.....

Haha your funny you know where I am come see me ;)

I don't see how he's been everyones favorite, i haven't really liked him at all since he signed, we thought he was injured at Tranmere when he was off the pace, seems that just him as a player!

dont like him do you... :grin: but he's better than anyone we had upfront last season so i'm not complaining

well so can feeney technically but guy was an average player in a poor side. for me, toubkara's an average player in an average side, doesnt make him a bad player

Tounkare was doing very well at the start then went off the boil abit.

Maybe his second season he can be a lot better.

For whoever takes him on next season, there's definitely something to build on with him. Early on in the season he was an absolute nightmare for centre-backs to deal with by either dragging them out to the flanks or chasing through balls either on the ground or over the top. Hudds at home was a great example of this but there were a lot of times in the 1st half of the season when he outmuscled some of the strongest defenders in the league chase down lost causes.

Recently he's been poor, he's not going to be a smart lower league striker with his hold-up play for us (a la Hughes) as it takes experience which he doesn't have, but he isn't a good finisher and his aerial ability is surprisingly rubbish for a player of his build, which is why I don't get us playing long balls to his head.

Hopefully Reid will continue his improvement and Lewi will get a run in the team, can't understand why he hasn't got this in recent weeks. Just please not Feeney!!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Feeney wouldn of made one little bit of a difference today, charlton defended very well.

As I said to Chris A, they didn't really defend that well did they? Doherty headed balls in the air but that was it, we asked no questions about them whatsoever. I really don't understand why Paul Dickhead insists on centre halves up top. Hell, even putting himself on the bench and giving us 15 mins is a better option. He even :censored:ing got Tarkowski* kitted in injurry time ready to bring him on, probably up top too. Mr Dickov has done a very good job, but his decision making at times is baffling, and its been the same decision for four months now........

* This is no slight sgainst Tarkowski, just against bringing on a young centre half when you're 0-0 against ten men.*

:redcard:

:lol: mong? Abit uncalled for ..

What difference would a 5ft 8 striker do against a 6ft 2 defender? Pointless.

Maybe a big lump but has scored as twice as many as our international striker :lol:

get yourself a woman lee.you are boring. :shock:

I thought Taylor gave it a real go today. White less so.

Taylor put in a good shift but he was visibly knackered and cramping up in the last 10 minutes. Mate of mine who's a Leeds fan said when we took White on loan that he hasn't got the stamina to play 90 minutes, looks like he was right.

For whoever takes him on next season, there's definitely something to build on with him. Early on in the season he was an absolute nightmare for centre-backs to deal with by either dragging them out to the flanks or chasing through balls either on the ground or over the top. Hudds at home was a great example of this but there were a lot of times in the 1st half of the season when he outmuscled some of the strongest defenders in the league chase down lost causes.

Recently he's been poor, he's not going to be a smart lower league striker with his hold-up play for us (a la Hughes) as it takes experience which he doesn't have, but he isn't a good finisher and his aerial ability is surprisingly rubbish for a player of his build, which is why I don't get us playing long balls to his head.

I wouldn't worry about Tonk. he'll carve a decent career in this game. I think everyone seems to either forget or ignore the fact he's one of the youngest members of our first XI at 20 years old and he's never played anything other than ressie fixtures and youth football up until he came here. Given he's played 40 games this season, he's simply shagged out and the season's taken its toll. I can't think of many other players his age or younger playing as much football in their debut season, usually they less than 20 games.

Let's be honest, how else can a player, who up until Christmas was phenomenal, scoring 10 goals or so turn into an absolute husk of a player in the same season?

I wouldn't worry about Tonk. he'll carve a decent career in this game. I think everyone seems to either forget or ignore the fact he's one of the youngest members of our first XI at 20 years old and he's never played anything other than ressie fixtures and youth football up until he came here. Given he's played 40 games this season, he's simply shagged out and the season's taken its toll. I can't think of many other players his age or younger playing as much football in their debut season, usually they less than 20 games.

Let's be honest, how else can a player, who up until Christmas was phenomenal, scoring 10 goals or so turn into an absolute husk of a player in the same season?

Spot on.

Don't talk sense on here, its not allowed!!

Dickov has said youth will get a chance now in the last 5 games, hopefully he'll call up a striker from the youth squad and see what they could do as they might be needed due to financial restrictions next season