Tactically inept.

You see everything through rose tinted glasses... my loss, no way mate, everything about the club is rotten and my money is staying in my pocket.

Believe me I am more realistic than many. But there's a difference between supporting your team and choosing to turn your back on them because they drew 0-0 in a (hopefully) mid-table game as the season draws to an end.

I hate the phrase 'tactically inept'

In fairness I think I misquoted Lukers when I said "tactically inept". The correct quote is "tactical stupidity".

It just didn't go our way, sure there were other options that could have been used but putting a big defender upfront isn't a bad option.

Didn't Joe Royle do rather well with this tactic in his first spell as Oldham Athletic manager?

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You see everything through rose tinted glasses... my loss, no way mate, everything about the club is rotten and my money is staying in my pocket.

Club doesn't need fans like you who don't get behind the manager, alright he may make mistakes but we exceeded all expectations at the start of the season and have hit the earth with a bump, :censored: happens and me move on!

Club doesn't need fans like you who don't get behind the manager, alright he may make mistakes but we exceeded all expectations at the start of the season and have hit the earth with a bump, :censored: happens and me move on!

Ha ha, the club does need fans like me, dropped from an average of 5500 to 3200 in 2 years.....

Ok , carry on with your little band of jolly loyal and see you in thr Blue Square ....

" Club doesnt need fans like me"... thats quality....

Ha ha, the club does need fans like me, dropped from an average of 5500 to 3200 in 2 years.....

Ok , carry on with your little band of jolly loyal and see you in thr Blue Square ....

I knew you were going to say that as soon as i posted.. i'll re-phrase, we don't want w*nkers who criticize the manager after a 'good' season, even if it has been a season of two halves.

Paul Dickov will be aware of the problems we have and isn't 'tactically inept'.. roll on next season i say!

i thought we played some decent stuff at times especially secound half shame it just wouldnt go in :(

I think paul had built everyones expectations up and some still seem to think we are a champions league team muahahah take a step back its all about next season now and for sure we need a striker

I knew you were going to say that as soon as i posted.. i'll re-phrase, we don't want w*nkers who criticize the manager after a 'good' season, even if it has been a season of two halves.

Paul Dickov will be aware of the problems we have and isn't 'tactically inept'.. roll on next season i say!

ignore the baboon, anyone would think paul has been a manager for 15 years i say he is doing a fine job in his first year..

To be fair we do need fans like Lukers and a few thousand more, at least he gives a damn about the side.

I was once told that if people have to resort to being abusive in a debate it shows a certain lack of composure and intelligence.

Ha ha, well if im this certain w@anker then thats cool.... carry on sir..

How will you see us in the blue square when you don't go? No matter how bad it is or how bad the facility's are you still go and support YOUR club. The club needs as many people as they can to raise funds.

The club dosnt need people like you who say they support the club but yet don't go! Your not a fan. You just bad as those dirty red munichs you see around Oldham.

How will you see us in the blue square when you don't go? No matter how bad it is or how bad the facility's are you still go and support YOUR club. The club needs as many people as they can to raise funds.

The club dosnt need people like you who say they support the club but yet don't go! Your not a fan. You just bad as those dirty red munichs you see around Oldham.

That's right Lee. Push them away even further.

Are we forever going to have the recently adopted narrow minded outlook on strikers? Davies, COG, Feeney? Give them a chance and they'll do what they're good at. It's not Feeney's fault we can't score. Feeney isn't that kind of forward, that's not his job - statistics show us that. However he has had success at other clubs. I could substitute the name "Feeney" for a couple of other strikers we've had too...

I don't think you can pigeon-hole all the strikers we've had over the years, that have gone on to do better things. Davies had talent, but something didn't seem to click for him here or at Wolves and I don't think Chris O'Grady was ever given a fair chance here.

Feeney, on the otherhand, has shown nothing to suggest he's the striker we need. I haven't even seen him have a shot this season and he certainly isn't the "6-yard box" striker that will get that last-minute goal when the score is 0-0 when we've been pummelling the opposition.

Feeney's track record isn't even that great - he had a purple-patch at Swansea, but all the Cardiff fans I know rate him as highly as we (generally) do.

I'm not laying all the blame at Feeney's door, but he was our "big" summer striker signing that was going to lead the line and he's been abysmal. If it's acceptable to blame Dickov's tactical naevity for our poor form, then it's equally acceptable to blame our "international" striker for not stepping up.

Edited by JoeP

I was once told that if people have to resort to being abusive in a debate it shows a certain lack of composure and intelligence.

Ha ha, well if im this certain w@anker then thats cool.... carry on sir..

Apologies for calling you a :censored:..

But still i'd want people to get behind Dickov, yes he makes mistakes but he's bloody human and has had the job 10 months? He certainly isnt tactically inept and points out that the main problem today was players keeping the ball way too long and being closed down, instead of looking for passes, if you look at the goal of the year you can see that we are a good footballing side and Dickovs tactics worked perfectly when the players put them into practice properly!

Right on que arrives Mr Angry... Call me dirty, but I dont think quoting one of the worst sporting disasters to ever happen is appropriate.

I dont like man u but I wouldnt wish that crash on anyone..... Your response has pretty much showed how naive you are.

everything about the club is rotten? how can you say that?

ok, we might not have won today, or played as well as we have at the beginning of the season, but i would say it is your loss. you're a 'supporter' of a football club, doesn't that mean you support them when things may be rotten like you say, and hope to build on this season because like Latics_Fanatic said, i think we'll have a better season next time and it's boring games like today that we should have won that we could be turning into wins but if you want to miss out, then go ahead.

and i wouldn't say the club is rotton either, it's just a bad time on a bad run. if we'd lost today, fair enough because charlton were poor and it would have summed up our run, but we didn't lose and we didnt concede so im not sure why it's this game that you've chosen to finally give up and say 'i told you so'

He said that he dosnt want to waste money on latics. So he is far away. Just telling the truth. Don't like it. Deal with it.

No chance of trying to persuade him to go back? You said you weren't going again next season not long ago. Whats changed?

ignore the baboon, anyone would think paul has been a manager for 15 years i say he is doing a fine job in his first year..

For me, this is the bginning, the middle and the end of the debate. It's his first year, not just at our club but in management. At any level. Anywhere.

He's learning and, more importantly, is keen to learn. The events of the last couple of months will only make him stronger as a manager and hopefully, we will benefit from that over the next few seasons...

I'm bot going next season hopefully if I get on the team, but I'll still give my money to the club by buying shirts etc

but according to your own words you wouldn't be a fan because you don't go to games.

Aww what's up hit a nerve ? There scum munichs and always will be o me deal with it.

Enough of the munichs. Poor.