Blackpool Away (2nd Leg) - All the Debates

shorelatic

Blackpool Trip  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What are you doing for the Blackpool game?

• Getting tickets and going
    • Going to 'pool, but watching in a pub
    • Staying away, but watching in a pub
    • Satying away, but watching in a Latics Pub
    • Staying away, watchin at home on Sky
    • Not Watching at all

-----[EDIT By Ackey]-----
I've combined many Blackpool posts into one, as they were getting out of hand.

Please feel free to change the topic below from tickets to whatever, as long as you are still talking about Blackpool - and please try to stay away from going OTT on the Blackpool posts. We had about 5 at once at one point!!

Thanks,

Ackey

OWTB Team

-----[EDIT ENDS]-----

Just been on the Blackpool site and notice that their tickets for the second leg are already on sale to season ticket holders and go on general sale from wednesday ( yes this wednesday!!) Now I am not suggesting for one minute that we all go over to Blackpool on Wednesday to get tickets but it might be an option.

KTF

Edited by Ackey
Combined all the blackpool posts

Just been on the Blackpool site and notice that their tickets for the second leg are already on sale to season ticket holders and go on general sale from wednesday ( yes this wednesday!!) Now I am not suggesting for one minute that we all go over to Blackpool on Wednesday to get tickets but it might be an option.

KTF

They'll only be for the home end... and I don't think I'd want to be in there to be honest.

If you've got an ST then you've got a decent chance of getting them, if not you'll have to watch it in the pub like everyone else! :(

Guest sheridans_world

Would be fun having 200 or more Latics invading the home end.

Just think it might be suspicious one person turning up saying 'how are ya love, can i get 200 tickets, cheers'. :grin:

Just been on the Blackpool site and notice that their tickets for the second leg....go on general sale from Wednesday. Now I am not suggesting for one minute that we all go over to Blackpool on Wednesday to get tickets but it might be an option.

Blackpool fans who are not ST holders don't expect to get any of the 3,000 tickets for BP. There's every chance that some of them will be in the queues at BP for first leg tickets if they go on general sale tomorrow.

Well that should be fun then, just when the ticket office had finished dealing with our moaning fans they get some of theirs to worry about.

I hope the club are going to police this as best they can... seeing as they've already given away the large end of the RRE - despite the home demand - it would be mad to let the buggers get in amongst us too!!

Guest sheridans_world
Well that should be fun then, just when the ticket office had finished dealing with our moaning fans they get some of theirs to worry about.

I hope the club are going to police this as best they can... seeing as they've already given away the large end of the RRE - despite the home demand - it would be mad to let the buggers get in amongst us too!!

Is it legal to turn someone down because of an accent?

If they are clever they wont be wearing football shirts.....

A- Is it legal to turn someone down because of an accent?

B- If they are clever they wont be wearing football shirts.....

A- YES.

B- They're from Blackpool... what do you think...?

Guest sheridans_world
A- YES.

B- They're from Blackpool... what do you think...?

B- About the clever bit or about the wearing football shirts bit ?

B- They're not clever... so they'll turn up painted orange and wearing 'Blackpool forever' shirts!

Note:

I'm making sweeping generalisations about blackers? / poolers? / Blackpoolians?... whatever... but it's keeping my mind off impending exams doom and that I now owe my sister a massive favour - as she's stood in the rain at BP this morning getting my ticket!

Guest sheridans_world
B- They're not clever... so they'll turn up painted orange and wearing 'Blackpool forever' shirts!

Note:

I'm making sweeping generalisations about blackers? / poolers? / Blackpoolians?... whatever... but it's keeping my mind off impending exams doom and that I now owe my sister a massive favour - as she's stood in the rain at BP this morning getting my ticket!

Note: Do you owe your sister a massive favour or did you just give her the perfect excuse to get off work and/or college for the morning?

The sweeping generalization you just used could quite possibly lead to someone suing you for libel.

Why are you using such a small font?

Edited by sheridans_world

Why are you using such a small font?

'cos it was a side point...

We've managed to hijack two threads in two minutes! Rummy will cut my balls off!

Mod mode, again... Topic focus for the normals out there is...

1. How to get tickets for the away game...

2. Latest news on the away tickets being released...

3. Any plans for getting into the home end (which I and OWTB think is very naughty and shouldn't be done!)

Would be fun having 200 or more Latics invading the home end.

Just think it might be suspicious one person turning up saying 'how are ya love, can i get 200 tickets, cheers'. :grin:

It's already happened; the first time we played them after we dropped to the third tier, the away end was locked at 2:00. There was Latics fans all over the ground and fighting broke out all over the place after Stuart Barlow scored an equaliser. I was stood in what was then the main stand paddock and managed to get inside that social club they had at the back of it for a pint at half time, when I got inside the place was full of Latics and it was hilarious listening to all the Blackpool fans complaining to the Police/Stewards about it. I think they might just be ready for us these days! :D

Guest sheridans_world
'cos it was a side point...

We've managed to hijack two threads in two minutes! Rummy will cut my balls off!

Mod mode, again... Topic focus for the normals out there is...

1. How to get tickets for the away game...

2. Latest news on the away tickets being released...

3. Any plans for getting into the home end (which I and OWTB think is very naughty and shouldn't be done!)

See the following...

The challenge now is to find it! Then index it using the dewey decimal system so that one day when aliens invade the earth they can easily absorb anything humanity has ever done!

See Futurama Season Three Episode Seven. Or Click >>Here<<

AS for

It's already happened; the first time we played them after we dropped to the third tier, the away end was locked at 2:00. There was Latics fans all over the ground and fighting broke out all over the place after Stuart Barlow scored an equaliser. I was stood in what was then the main stand paddock and managed to get inside that social club they had at the back of it for a pint at half time, when I got inside the place was full of Latics and it was hilarious listening to all the Blackpool fans complaining to the Police/Stewards about it. I think they might just be ready for us these days!

I wouldnt be suprised if a few Latics got in the home end. Even if it is only half a stand on each side...

I am thinking it may be worth a phone call, to the lashers ticket office for a "reserve ticket" .... can whack it on ebay/send it back to the club if we get one for our end...

Just act a bit stupid, put on a scouse accent and wear a kiss me quick hat.... should be fine.....

Then go fooooooooooookin mental when we beat em...!

Guest sheridans_world

So obviously not everyone is going to get a ticket, despite someone at Blackpool wanting to build a temporary stand and being rejected, but thats another story.

Guest sheridans_world
Not watch it at all... :laught16:

Yeah... like thats an option....

Mate, if i'm comin all the way up i'm goin to lasherville no matter what....!

Yes that was the 'i aint given any money to the spawn of the devil' option!

So annoyed that we have give them the large part of the RRE rather than the small part which would be about the same number as they have given us. latics giving up more advantage for abit of extra cash. where as simon grayson rejected the option of putting a temporary stand behind the net to get more away supporters in to the ground ! anyone thought of just sitting on that wall behind the net at blackpool ? wud get a great view for free !

They can move you off that wall because it belongs to them. If u stand on something to look over the wall hovever I dont see what they can do. I went in their end this year because ours was full. Just had to state post code n the street. My tomtom told me all that so was easy

So annoyed that we have give them the large part of the RRE rather than the small part which would be about the same number as they have given us. latics giving up more advantage for abit of extra cash. where as simon grayson rejected the option of putting a temporary stand behind the net to get more away supporters in to the ground ! anyone thought of just sitting on that wall behind the net at blackpool ? wud get a great view for free !

If the Oldham public would have come out and supported the team and filled the ground when the club tried the promotions around Xmas or even last week against Chesterfield, then I reckon the club would have only given them the small part of the RRE. As it is, I think the decision is justified even if it means that I may end up struggling to get a ticket.

A bit of a double edged sword for the club this one.

I think they would be glad to give the smaller portion of the RRE to away fans if they were confident that the apathetic Oldham public would turn out and support the club, given that they could not be confident of this when we couldn't fill the ground charging £2 for entry. I would have to say they have done the right thing by the club to maximise the income from the play-off game.

It is ridiculous that the ground will be full of 'Latics' fans who probably will be attending their first game of the season, and some regular fans may not get tickets.

If I hadn't got a ticket I would be very annoyed. (although as you can probably tell I'm annoyed anyway by the apathetic Oldham public)

:rant.sml:

I believe that the rules of the competition state that the away team can claim 15% of the capacity - the small bit of the RRE is less than that so we couldnt stick them in there anyway.

I've got a train ticket up to Blackpool but think I've got f's sake of getting a Latics ticket - I had been made promises by a certain club sponsor but methinks he was speaking with fork tongue. Will be ringing Blackpool tomorrow and asking for a couple. If I dont suceed in that one then any southern based latic who is going and wants a train ticket at stupid o'clock up there and back then you can have mine.

Guest sheridans_world
I believe that the rules of the competition state that the away team can claim 15% of the capacity - the small bit of the RRE is less than that so we couldnt stick them in there anyway.

I've got a train ticket up to Blackpool but think I've got f's sake of getting a Latics ticket - I had been made promises by a certain club sponsor but methinks he was speaking with fork tongue. Will be ringing Blackpool tomorrow and asking for a couple. If I dont suceed in that one then any southern based latic who is going and wants a train ticket at stupid o'clock up there and back then you can have mine.

Based on the above, there is no way the scum let 11500 away fans into old trafford. Or am i wrong? They only let West Ham have 3050 tickets.

Based on the above, there is no way the scum let 11500 away fans into old trafford. Or am i wrong? They only let West Ham have 3050 tickets.

help_shiny was talking about the rules of the competition, not the rules by which red nosed Taggart operates.

Next, you'll be expecting penalties to be given for fouls by red shirted players in the box at the Trafford Nike Ballpark. :wink:

its just the Football Leagues rules for the playoffs. I think its 15% anyway, lemme see...................*wanders off into cyberspace.........yep, 15% it is. The only way to get around that would be to give us the whole of the RRE and stick them in the paddocks but that wouldnt work (plus it would spark outrage amongst those who like to get wet whilst watching footie)