Reserves hammered 5-1 at MAcc

Very depressing, I fear if they were playing looking for a contract next year, and Feeney especially.

According to the chrom:

Todd, Trotman, Feeney and Kirk Millar were playing

Chron:

ATHLETICS fringe men did little to enhance their prospects of turning out for the first team at Yeovil.

Away at Macclesfield in a totesport.com League clash, Lee Duxburys reserve side were hammered 5-1.

The senior professionals in the team were poor and from my point of view, that was most disappointing, said Duxbury, who had Todd, Trotman, Kirk Millar, and Warren Feeney in his starting line-up.

Macclesfield, who were two goals to the good at half-time thanks to strikes from Vinny Mukendi and Greg Daniels, scored three more after the break through Adam Roberts, Jordan Trinci-Lyne and Daniels, with Millars excellent free-kick late on providing the consolation.

Edited by singe

Very depressing, I fear if they were playing looking for a contract next year, and Feeney especially.

According to the chrom:

Todd, Trotman, Feeney and Kirk Millar were playing

Chron:

ATHLETIC’S fringe men did little to enhance their prospects of turning out for the first team at Yeovil.

Away at Macclesfield in a totesport.com League clash, Lee Duxbury’s reserve side were hammered 5-1.

The senior professionals in the team were poor and from my point of view, that was most disappointing,” said Duxbury, who had Todd, Trotman, Kirk Millar, and Warren Feeney in his starting line-up.

Macclesfield, who were two goals to the good at half-time thanks to strikes from Vinny Mukendi and Greg Daniels, scored three more after the break through Adam Roberts, Jordan Trinci-Lyne and Daniels, with Millar’s excellent free-kick late on providing the consolation.

I don’t think any of us are expecting Andy Todd to be offered terms for next year – he was available on a free and PD speculated that he would add experience to our young side. It hasn’t worked out at all; but I don’t think you can blame PD for trying it. I’d expect Todd will retire; or maybe he will find a player / coach role at a lower level club; can’t see him finding another L1 club who would take him TBH.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Trotman unfortunately is nowhere near the player he was when he left us – injuries & lack of football have seen to that. I’d expect him to get fixed up with a club still; as he will “do a job” for someone; but I really hope that club isn’t us – as he looked overweight, unfit and well; poor in his 1st team games for us. Being a CB of a defence that ships 5 to Macc reserves really won’t have helped his cause either will it?

Feeney not scoring – well; there’s a surprise eh? He isn’t even mentioned in the article as either having a shot or making an assist – so; basically; it appears he contributes to the reserves as much as he has done to the 1st team – sod all. The massive issue with WF is that he has a guaranteed year left, its not an option for the 2nd year; its set in stone. We’ll either need him to take a ‘leave by mutual consent’ with a minimal pay-off, or some club to amazingly come in and take over his contract; thus he leaves on a free. Otherwise; we have one of the biggest wastes of a (allegedly very decent) wage sat on our bench doing naff-all next season – and we just can’t afford that.

I’m not so sure that Kirk Millar is included in the ‘senior player’ mould like the others – he’s an 18 year old in his 1st year of a pro deal – and he at least scored. I like Millar; well – I like his attitude to the way he plays. Whilst he isn’t the biggest; he doesn’t shy away from a tackle and he gives 100% whenever he plays. Who knows what squad we’ll have next season; but I think Millar will have to be more of a part of it than he has been this season; and I’d be OK with that.

Todd and Trotman won't be at the club next season I'm sure of it.

As for Feeney I think he'll be moved on. Some club will take a punt on a striker with a decent record in the past. (How many trials and clubs did Ricketts get?) I'll be very surprised if he is still at the club by the start of the new season.

Todd and Trotman won't be at the club next season I'm sure of it.

As for Feeney I think he'll be moved on. Some club will take a punt on a striker with a decent record in the past. (How many trials and clubs did Ricketts get?) I'll be very surprised if he is still at the club by the start of the new season.

Now maybe I’m just a pint half empty type – but i have a horrible feeling that he’ll be still around next season, wasting a wage, not performing as per this season. I just can’t see a team evaluating what he has done this season and coming to the conclusion that he’s the answer to their vacant striking position.

This season for us in the league is:

10 (8) – 0

He has 1 goal in the FA Cup; in a game we already out of by the time he scored.

I’m sure that more seasoned reserve team watchers will be able to confirm or update this; but i don’t remember him scoring for the reserves either this season.

It’s hardly a glowing CV for this season – and not exactly enticing for a side to look to sign him.

Now; I’m fully aware that Football is littered with players still getting deals on past achievements and / or the basis that they were decent 3 / 4 seasons ago, but i just can’t see a side looking at what Feeney is up to right now & seeing him as a good signing this close season.

I also can’t see him “doing a Furman” if he is here next season either – he’ll be just as he has been this season IMO. Sometimes signing don’t work out; for a variety of reason. Warren Feeney is a glowing example of that; a pretty stark example at that.

Now maybe I’m just a pint half empty type – but i have a horrible feeling that he’ll be still around next season, wasting a wage, not performing as per this season. I just can’t see a team evaluating what he has done this season and coming to the conclusion that he’s the answer to their vacant striking position.

This season for us in the league is:

10 (8) – 0

He has 1 goal in the FA Cup; in a game we already out of by the time he scored.

I’m sure that more seasoned reserve team watchers will be able to confirm or update this; but i don’t remember him scoring for the reserves either this season.

It’s hardly a glowing CV for this season – and not exactly enticing for a side to look to sign him.

Now; I’m fully aware that Football is littered with players still getting deals on past achievements and / or the basis that they were decent 3 / 4 seasons ago, but i just can’t see a side looking at what Feeney is up to right now & seeing him as a good signing this close season.

I also can’t see him “doing a Furman” if he is here next season either – he’ll be just as he has been this season IMO. Sometimes signing don’t work out; for a variety of reason. Warren Feeney is a glowing example of that; a pretty stark example at that.

Clubs are desperate to find that striker who will score them goals, Feeney has done well in the past but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out here. There will be offers from managers who think they can sort him out and get him scoring goals again. The only reason I can see Feeney not going is because the clubs can't offer what we are paying him now.

It saddens me alittle to hear about Trottmans form of recent. I always rated him. I know he had a bad injury after he left us, but he was getting good gradings last season whilst out on loan, like Southampton. Wonder whats up with the lad?

Clubs are desperate to find that striker who will score them goals, Feeney has done well in the past but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out here. There will be offers from managers who think they can sort him out and get him scoring goals again. The only reason I can see Feeney not going is because the clubs can't offer what we are paying him now.

And the last time Feeney did well in the past was.......?

His last decent returns were:

June ’01 to July ’04 @ Bournemouth 80 (18) – 32

&

July ’04 to March ’05 @ Stockport 32 (0) – 15

After that purple period of his career which ended after his ‘big money move’ to Luton he’s managed just 18 league goals & 3 cup goals in 7 years for 7 different sides.

Now, not exactly awe inspiring reading for any prospective new employees is it?

I understand why PD thought he would be worth a signing. He had pedigree in the past (as above shows; 7 years ago), was / is (quite how still beggars belief) an International striker and was available on a free signing.

I just don’t see after how this season has panned out; added to his poor record prior to us; anyone will see him as a front line ‘marquee’ signing that will solve their striking issues?

I can only see him being paid off by us – I just can’t see a side taking him off us.

&

After that purple period of his career which ended after his ‘big money move’ to Luton he’s managed just 18 league goals & 3 cup goals in 7 years for 7 different sides.

I understand why PD thought he would be worth a signing. He had pedigree in the past (as above shows; 7 years ago), was / is (quite how still beggars belief) an International striker and was available on a free signing.

I just don’t see after how this season has panned out; added to his poor record prior to us; anyone will see him as a front line ‘marquee’ signing that will solve their striking issues?

I can only see him being paid off by us – I just can’t see a side taking him off us.

If a side can afford it someone will take a punt on signing Feeney. There are players with a worse reputation that will be snapped up in the summer. If we make him available for sale someone will come sniffing and sign him.

&

After that purple period of his career which ended after his ‘big money move’ to Luton he’s managed just 18 league goals & 3 cup goals in 7 years for 7 different side

Even though he didn't score he played very well against plymouth away an tranmere away.