Man of the Match thread?

Cant see a Man of the Match thread in the View New Content Mods; if there is an active thread on this; can you move this post to it if not; then heres a MoM thread for yesterdays game!! :wink:

For me; it was a close run thing between James Tarkowski and Aidy White; but Tarky just shaded IMO.

After a shaky first 5 mins with the ball at his feet (unusually for him as he is normally so assured in possession) I thought Tarky put in a cracking CB display. He won all bar 1 header he went for (I was somewhat geekily noting that!), was strong & physical against a seasoned / veteran striker and won some crucial challenges to boot. The lad has a lot of potential; and TBH; Im more than happy for him to be 1 half of the CB partnership for next season.

I thought Aidy White was outstanding once he was switched to LB a completely different player to his recent self at LW for the first 20 mins; he was out of the game, lightweight in the tackle and was looking like continuing his recent form. Once he switched to LB; I thought he had a cracker. Robust in defence & offered an outlet on the left side going forward. Won far more aerial balls than i thought he would do & all-in-all; I was pleasantly surprised at how well he did in that role.

Special mention to Warren Feeney too who had IMO his best game in a Latics shirt. Unbelievably unlucky to have his goal chalked off and held it up well, worked hard and grafted all the time he was on. I wouldnt have subbed him off personally; and he got a standing ovation from me as he made his way off the pitch much more like it from him.

Edited by slystallone

I haven't noticed a MOTM thread since Hartlepool away.

The MotM threads have dropped away along with our form, the last 17 games would be difficult to nominate many outstanding performances, the one game we have won was more down to the quality of the opposition than to our merits tbh.

Can’t see a Man of the Match thread in the ‘View New Content’ – Mods; if there is an active thread on this; can you move this post to it – if not; then here’s a MoM thread for yesterdays game!! :wink:

I thought Aidy White was outstanding once he was switched to LB – a completely different player to his recent self – at LW for the first 20 mins; he was out of the game, lightweight in the tackle and was looking like continuing his recent form. Once he switched to LB; I thought he had a cracker. Robust in defence & offered an outlet on the left side going forward. Won far more aerial balls than i thought he would do & all-in-all; I was pleasantly surprised at how well he did in that role.

Yes, agree compleyely. When the second half started and only Mvoto of the back four was a first choice dfender I feared the worst. White was very solid however and worked his socks off.

Special mention to Warren Feeney too – who had IMO his best game in a Latics shirt. Unbelievably unlucky to have his goal chalked off and held it up well, worked hard and grafted all the time he was on. I wouldn’t have subbed him off personally; and he got a standing ovation from me as he made his way off the pitch – much more like it from him.

A good shift from Feeney. If his header had gone in instead of hitting the bar in the first half it would have been a deserved goal.