Hazell to Chesterfield?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been a good servant to the club no doubt, and has had a good four years here.

However I would imagine he is one of the higher earners, he has had his best days, he is definitely not a captain, and if his wage can be used to bring in a better player I would definitely look at moving him on.

I would hope we've offered him the going rate for Latics 2011.

If that's not good enough for him and he can do better elsewhere, good luck to the bloke.

Despite the occasional howler I think he's been a decent player for the club.

cost us a few points in the same time

Kieron Lee has cost us more goals this season. If you play in defence in League One you'll give the occasional goal away. It doesn't make you a poor footballer.

Edited by opinions4u

but hes hardly been good, cost us a few points in the same time.

I would say hes been good over the 4 years. He has cost us a few games over this time, 5 or 6 real clangers that have cost us 3 points but he has had more MOM performances in those 150 games.

Stay or Go I am not to fussed either way but hes been nowhere near as bad as you make out.

This season when he has been out the team it has really told.

really dont get this. He looks big enough and reads the game well enough, he's only made 1 mistake from what ive seen so why isnt he ready for first team football ? Id rather play him than yet another loanee or journeyman

I don't think he's ready to play every week. Even with Tarkowski in the team and playing well, as a group we've been defensively poor. Two sloppy uneccessary goals conceeded on saturday, how many before that?

I'd rather see M'Voto and a more experienced centre-half starting next season.

Kieron Lee has cost us more goals this season. If you play in defence in League One you'll give the occasional goal away. It doesn't make you a poor footballer.

Exactly, yet he rightly won Player of the season. League 1 players make errors....

Furmans who was arguably the 2nd best player this year has misplaced several hundred passes this year of which a few have resulted in opposition breaking and scoring goals

I would say hes been good over the 4 years. He has cost us a few games over this time, 5 or 6 real clangers that have cost us 3 points but he has had more MOM performances in those 150 games.

Stay or Go I am not to fussed either way but hes been nowhere near as bad as you make out.

This season when he has been out the team it has really told.

yeah over the time he has been here then yeah he has been good, but this season he has cost us alot of goals and points. if we are to move forward from this season we dont need a liability like him playing CB.

Exactly, yet he rightly won Player of the season. League 1 players make errors....

Furmans who was arguably the 2nd best player this year has misplaced several hundred passes this year of which a few have resulted in opposition breaking and scoring goals

But its his direct mistake which cost us goals. example dogdale at home. yeah lee has made mistakes but not as many id say.

But its his direct mistake which cost us goals. example dogdale at home. yeah lee has made mistakes but not as many id say.

Agree with you Lee in that I think its time to move him on but do you not think the word 'hope' is a bit strong? Yes he has dropped some bollocks but Rubes has been a good servant to the club. If he does go, should be with the thanks and best wishes of Latics fans for the future, as opposed to the 'get out of our club and dont ever come back' appied to players such as Parker, Worthington etc.

Agree with you Lee in that I think its time to move him on but do you not think the word 'hope' is a bit strong? Yes he has dropped some bollocks but Rubes has been a good servant to the club. If he does go, should be with the thanks and best wishes of Latics fans for the future, as opposed to the 'get out of our club and dont ever come back' appied to players such as Parker, Worthington etc.

Indeed Hazell is a good servant to the club. Puzzled me when Lewis Guy was getting some boo's on saturday despite arguably saving us from relegation. Thankfully he got applause as he left the field.

Not really a strong word, i do hope he goes and we use his wage on someone like mvoto or bring someone else in, he has been at the club and served us well now its time to go our seperate ways. so i do hope he goes so someone else can come in or even contribute to someone elses wages. ( Mvoto )

Not really a strong word, i do hope he goes and we use his wage on someone like mvoto or bring someone else in, he has been at the club and served us well now its time to go our seperate ways. so i do hope he goes so someone else can come in or even contribute to someone elses wages. ( Mvoto )

We'll need another defender as well as M'Voto.

yeah over the time he has been here then yeah he has been good, but this season he has cost us alot of goals and points. if we are to move forward from this season we dont need a liability like him playing CB.

Really? I remember the Dale shocker but what others have there been?

True, but if he is not offered a new deal, surely he deserves to go with best wishes as opposed to a 'glad he's gone' or 'hope he never comes anywhere near here again' attitude given to the likes of Kiegan Parker, Jon Worthington

All this talk about releasing Hazell is mad. We have one of the better defensive records in the division. Why ship out someone known the be a fairly solid defender when we need options in other areas namely up front. I wouldn't change any of the back 5 (as long as we can bring in Mvoto) even brill stays for me as while he gives you twitchy bum moments more often that not the stats speak for themselves. I am not a fan of Brill either by the way. If Stephens goes for a reasonable sum we need an older head in the centre of the park to assist Furman. Someone like Shez when he played there would be ideal and someone who can pop the ball in the back.

For me defence is sorted with Lee, Ruubes, Evina/Black with tarky on the bench and whoever we can bring in (ideally Mvoto) yeah ok there have been some head in hands moments but we need to get a grip on reality. Far more pressing matters in other areas of the field and Ruubes has performed admirably for 90% of the time.

a Centre mid and goalscorer for me for certain the other areas aren't prioroties sick of chopping and changing personnel.

True, but if he is not offered a new deal, surely he deserves to go with best wishes as opposed to a 'glad he's gone' or 'hope he never comes anywhere near here again' attitude given to the likes of Kiegan Parker, Jon Worthington

Noooo, i didnt mean in that context what so evee. he goes with my best wishes. I hope he goes because to move forward we need someone new in ,his time here has come to a end, good servant but time to move on. nothing like glad he has gone etc.

Headline in the Chron states 'Latics Reveal Reduced Budget', maybe the full story will state exactly how much

I think they tried to operate this season on a break even basis, but struggled to move Penney's signings on quickly enough.

Crowds fell (I think) and didn't recover despite the prettier football on offer.

So I'd anticipate a 10%-15% cut ... move on 2 higher paid players (Hazell, Stephens) and cut back by 1 or 2 of the lower paid professionals and perhaps job done?

Disclaimer: All numbers and player names are pure guesswork on my part and should not be used to construct press reports, internet gossip about the imposion of the football club or examples of "fact" in any other media.

I'm fine with this.

As long as we sign Trotman and Mvoto.

I think you’re definitely seeing something in Trotman that I; and most others; don’t see. He was; emphasis on was; a very promising indeed young CB – but a variety of reasons have meant he is now a pale shadow of the player he was when he left.

I’d have him nowhere near our side for next season; not if we realistically don’t want to ship a boat load of goals. If you by chance saw him get ripped time & time again by a 17 year Wrexham youth striker in the reserves the other week; I’m not so sure you’d be so keen for us to sign him up.

The Trotman of 2/3 years ago; then yeah. The Trotman of now – avoid big time. The sheer fact that PD has preferred to have a 17/18 year Tarkowski in ahead of a fit Troman says it all to me.

As for Hazell; I’d be upset to see him leave. He is a solid League 1 CB. Prone to the odd mistake, but generally solid and more than capable. His age & experience is invaluable to an incredibility young side like ours. He appears to be pretty well disliked on here; and I don’t understand why he is so derided. What do people want / expect us to have at CB – David Luis or Vidic? We’re a skint L1 side & players like Reuben are more than good enough for us; as he has been since he arrived.

If he goes; he goes. Simple as; that’s football. I wish him all the luck in the rest of his career. I just don’t think people will be so quick to celebrate him leaving when they realise how hard it’ll likely be to replace him; and said replacement starts to make a few clangers as lower league defenders are prone to do.

I don't think so. Tarkowski isn't bad in the air, but on the ground he's not ready and may never be. He is slow for his age, and cannot turn quickly. He would be ok for cover as he is at the moment, but we really need some experience with Mvoto (if he signs) who only has this season under his belt himself and still learning.

Tarkowski had serious injuries and missed pre-season - he looks to be an extremely promising youngster who will get quicker as he gets back to full fitness (physical and match) - agree we need an experienced centre back as well.

But when was the last time trotman got a proper pre season under his belt with sustaining a injury? I can not remember to be honest. Maybe a pre season with us could bring him back to the quality defender we know

An option would be to give him the pre-season to prove himself should he want to and Preston release him. He might be able to find a club no problems.

I think being dropped behind Tarkowski could indicate what Dickov thinks.