Charity pots

I just been wondering with the playershare scheme, has anyone had the idea of getting some platic pots / buckets into local shops? I ofetn donate change from a chocolate bars for example to the shops charity pot, why not for OAFC??

Thoughts

I just been wondering with the playershare scheme, has anyone had the idea of getting some platic pots / buckets into local shops? I ofetn donate change from a chocolate bars for example to the shops charity pot, why not for OAFC??

Thoughts

Looks bad.

I did think about this myself and I think Ackey has summed it up too - looks like we are begging I suppose and we are not at that stage

However, If anything I'd like to see buckets in the ground on match days, loose change at the pie/pint counter if you know what I mean

thanks for the suggestion thought - keep em coming

The club dont seem to mind making us look bad, Alan hardy in the Sun again today pleading poverty. If we are doing it in national papers we might as well do it in local shops

SKINT Oldham are calling for the bottom two divisions to be regionalised.

The League One Latics pay up to £3,000 for every away match needing an overnight stay.

Chief exec Alan Hardy said: "It has to be given more thought."

thats all the online version said, any more in the actual paper?

if not then quite sensible in the current lower league climate - not exactly "bad" <_<

SKINT Oldham are calling for the bottom two divisions to be regionalised.

The League One Latics pay up to £3,000 for every away match needing an overnight stay.

Chief exec Alan Hardy said: "It has to be given more thought."

thats all the online version said, any more in the actual paper?

if not then quite sensible in the current lower league climate - not exactly "bad" <_<

Thats prety much all it said.

Maybe i shouldnt have said look bad as I dont disagree with what hes actually saying in the paper just responding to the fact that he doesnt mind saying how little money we have got in the national paper so dont see harm in the charity buckets in shops

Edited by NIKI1234

Instead of local shops as there is an element of begging about it and playershare is not that sort of deal. But what about more Latics friendly places especially on matchdays. A pot on the bar of say the Rifle Range and Clayton Green might make a decent sum of money and its not begging as much as most of the clientelle know about player share and our financial situation.

Each food stand could have a donation box to playershare for any loose change? also each turnstile could have one if fans wish to make any contribution then?

Might not get much though as IIRC most of our food and drink prices end in 0.

True it might seem like begging, but it was just an idea and if things are as bad as some people imply then we'll soon be out with the buckets begging!

I still think approaching paul scholes to donate some money, or sum some sort of promotion with him would be good for playershare, but who knows if he can afford it now retiring from football and being on a coachong salary

I will look into it folks.

The playershare committee is hoping to meet up again soon and I have already priced the donation boxes up on ebay - of course no money will be taken from the player share scheme.

And yes opinions....if I buy I will defo use the link to gain us some pennies as well. grin.gif

Hopefully, we can KO the new season with then in place in the ground and some local pubs too.