Wii U

Everyone said that about the Wii though and look what happened there, it sold like crazy and nintendo made a :censored:load of cash (unlike PS3 and 360, the Wii was sold at a profit from day 1)

Technically though, Wii U suppposed to blow the PS3 and 360 clean out of the water, and its getting its fair share of core games too.

I think this will definitely force microsofts hand now (not so much Sony). The 360 has seen its day now, and with this announcement I would expect the announcement of the next Xbox within the next 12 months (probably E3 2012) for a launch in 2013.

Everyone said that about the Wii though and look what happened there, it sold like crazy and nintendo made a :censored:load of cash (unlike PS3 and 360, the Wii was sold at a profit from day 1)

Technically though, Wii U suppposed to blow the PS3 and 360 clean out of the water, and its getting its fair share of core games too.

I think this will definitely force microsofts hand now (not so much Sony). The 360 has seen its day now, and with this announcement I would expect the announcement of the next Xbox within the next 12 months (probably E3 2012) for a launch in 2013.

Spec's good but the controller looks awful.

M$ will milk the Kinect for a bit longer before launching something new, I'd expect.

Spec's good but the controller looks awful.

M$ will milk the Kinect for a bit longer before launching something new, I'd expect.

Its interesting that sony have actually come out and said their new handheld would allow them to do something very similar (which doesnt surprise me given how they blatantly copied nintendo with ps move)

I still think there will be a new xbox announced by this time next year, possibly even released by christmas 2012 especially with the big guns of the 3rd party developers, such as EA, Rockstar, Crytech, Dice stating they are ready for next gen tech. The fact that the 360 is using DVD for its storage media is posing a big problem for some developers, such as Rockstar, who had to release the 360 version of LA Noire across three disks. Think the next Playstation will be 2013/2014

And some of the bigger games on the 360, such as Call of Duty, are actually sub HD. I know COD Black Ops native resolution on the 360 is 1040 x 608 (even lower on the PS3 at 960 x 544) with the image merely upscaled to 720p/1080i/1080p, as there is nowhere near enough RAM on either console for a game of a native 1920 x 1080p resolution to run at a minimum of 60fps.

Loved the wii, to an extent. The kids think it's aces however my eldest is getting into FPS'ers on the PC (Unreal T/quake oldskool :censored: yeah) and they really don't port well; COD has awful control handling with the wii controllers.

I'm out of the wii market for now, it'll get moved upstairs soon to make way for a more grown-up machine under the telly downstairs. That's the cycle of my consoles...

I will admit to being a nintendo fanboy but the Wii U looks amazing, the new controller does open up a whole new world of stuff. RPGs with your inventory screen on the new controller, driving games with a rear view on the screen on the new controller or an aim your weapon screen...

One thing is for certain, the demos on the videos I have seen are the tip of the iceberg of what it can be used for.

I don't get the time I used to have for gaming, I prefer a PC if I am going to play an FPS when I get time so have skipped the xbox and PS3 as most of the games these days are just FPS. The Wii has been something I can dip in and out of and this looks like it will continue with the Wii U, plus, I have even been able to get my wife playing games on the wii, something I have never managed before. She had a go on GTA San Andreas and stopped at the traffic lights!

I will admit to being a nintendo fanboy but the Wii U looks amazing, the new controller does open up a whole new world of stuff. RPGs with your inventory screen on the new controller, driving games with a rear view on the screen on the new controller or an aim your weapon screen...

One thing is for certain, the demos on the videos I have seen are the tip of the iceberg of what it can be used for.

I don't get the time I used to have for gaming, I prefer a PC if I am going to play an FPS when I get time so have skipped the xbox and PS3 as most of the games these days are just FPS. The Wii has been something I can dip in and out of and this looks like it will continue with the Wii U, plus, I have even been able to get my wife playing games on the wii, something I have never managed before. She had a go on GTA San Andreas and stopped at the traffic lights!

agree with your last poiunt . My missus loves playing the Wii but doesnt really like xbox, apart from telling me that every person on LA Noire is lying :lol:

Not only that, I think it will force Microsoft and Sony to think outside the box a bit for their next consoles