Why is OWTB crashing my computer?

Crusoe

Never had a problem before. Running Firefox (latest) on a Mac. Also happens in Chrome.

Open OWTB, keeps asking me to log in. Am usually able to open one or two threads before the browser and OS lock up completely and a hard reset is required. Doesn't happen on any other website.

Haven't changed or installed anything on the computer recently, it's running up to date AV and patches and is not used for any grot surfing!

All I can think is that there's some ad banner code that's behind this. That's why it doesn't occur immediately - only after one or two threads have been opened.

Never had a problem before. Running Firefox (latest) on a Mac. Also happens in Chrome.

Open OWTB, keeps asking me to log in. Am usually able to open one or two threads before the browser and OS lock up completely and a hard reset is required. Doesn't happen on any other website.

Haven't changed or installed anything on the computer recently, it's running up to date AV and patches and is not used for any grot surfing!

All I can think is that there's some ad banner code that's behind this. That's why it doesn't occur immediately - only after one or two threads have been opened.

I'm on Vista/Chrome no problems. I use XP/Chrome too and again, no problems. I'm afraid it's hard to pin the issue down with isolated occurrences.