Getting Nowhere with our targets

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickov has apparently said about his first day training "At last the first day is here, I still need three of four players and I am hopeful there will be some movement later this week"

3 or 4???

to my mind we need

1 goalkeeper

3 centrebacks

1 leftback cover

2 centre mids

at least 1 striker

that's 8 in my book

I agree, but 4 may be signings and 3/4 loans?

What worries me is - we arguably need to sign what will be our 4 most important players, the spine of the team.

GK, CB, CM, ST

5 weeks to go and we're spineless.

Spot on! The Furman/Stephens partnership was superb at times last season and Furman needs a decent player next to him. Lets trust PD, I'm sure the next 2 weeks should tell us!

Spot on! The Furman/Stephens partnership was superb at times last season and Furman needs a decent player next to him. Lets trust PD, I'm sure the next 2 weeks should tell us!

we all ready have 5 strikers at the club...if one or both of his targets dont come in im sure feeney reid n dr who will workit out between them...

keeprs a must and a centre mid.....nothings been mentioned about trotters yet,if he has done a feeney and got fit who knows he might be the answer if mvoto isnt coming...i reckon hes right....4 players....then we can always utilise the loan system again and still have trialists to weigh up....22 players already at the club,if he brings in another 8 wont that be too many???

we all ready have 5 strikers at the club...if one or both of his targets dont come in im sure feeney reid n dr who will workit out between them...

keeprs a must and a centre mid.....nothings been mentioned about trotters yet,if he has done a feeney and got fit who knows he might be the answer if mvoto isnt coming...i reckon hes right....4 players....then we can always utilise the loan system again and still have trialists to weigh up....22 players already at the club,if he brings in another 8 wont that be too many???

I wouldn't want to go into the season with the strike force available as it stands, i still think we need that elusive goal grabber.

Another CB is a must ( preferably a leader ) along with another CM ( maybe a holding type to allow furman to get forward )

GK is hopefully getting sorted. Maybe we'll see some progress now we have the stephens money.