Give Feeney a chance?

An international professional footballer should never have had 2 stone to lose ffs!!

But as others have said, he's our player and he's not going anywhere so we have to get behind him and hope he comes good!

FTFY (with a very rare exception- I doubt loosing two stone would have done Greegan much good later in his career)

Although he seemingly did a good job, the fact Feeney was at least 1 stone overweight last season is a negative point to Paul Butler (fitness) and given he lost the weight without his influence makes me wonder.

I'd be weighing our players regularly, weight changes can be a sign of over/under training, poor nutrition or serious health problems

Is it me, or did he never look two stone overweight? Or is he now seriously underweight? Whatever, I'll back him if he shows he actually wants to perform, but any more of last season's non league quality and he can walk. To anywhere he likes.

FTFY (with a very rare exception- I doubt loosing two stone would have done Greegan much good later in his career)

Although he seemingly did a good job, the fact Feeney was at least 1 stone overweight last season is a negative point to Paul Butler (fitness) and given he lost the weight without his influence makes me wonder.

I'd be weighing our players regularly, weight changes can be a sign of over/under training, poor nutrition or serious health problems

The irony here is that Gregan's an example of the reason Feeney needs a chance!!

Gregan was released for being a fat :censored:. Went to a military training camp and came back to play every single second of the season and - most agree - single handedly keep us in League 1.

Now, I don't know that Feeney has that in him. But there's a precident set in our own back yard that it can happen to a greatly successful extent.

The real irony is that gregan played his best for us at his very fattest. His belly was big enough to dare to bark at my dad's in the street before running away when he came on loan. I cant see where feeney had 2 stone to give, especially as he would have muscled up if he hadnt been training properly before.

The irony here is that Gregan's an example of the reason Feeney needs a chance!!

Gregan was released for being a fat :censored:. Went to a military training camp and came back to play every single second of the season and - most agree - single handedly keep us in League 1.

Now, I don't know that Feeney has that in him. But there's a precident set in our own back yard that it can happen to a greatly successful extent.

Indeed I'm all in favour of giving Feeney a chance, at times towards the end of last season him and Reid looked quite good. Gregan was overweight but his temporary release was for more reasons than that- money was probably the biggest one.

I was pointing out that in a professional football team someone being over-weight by that amount should have been picked up sooner than after they lost the weight (and probably more)