Latics chase star striker

Seeing as we seem to have hit a bit of a wall with regards to getting a new striker in, is it worth making a cheeky enquiry to Leicester with regards to getting that young Jeffrey Schlupp character in on loan?

Apologies if he has already been suggested on here.

I don't know much about him but I was thinking this...

Good things:

- He scored a couple last season on loan at Brentford

- He scored a hat-trick t'other day in the Carling Cup so he obviously has his shooting boots on this season too

- There is the obvious Leicester connections. I think he may have been twittering or tweetering (or whatever) with Jim Wes and Alex Cizak in the last couple of weeks

- He's got pace

- He's got a great name

Possible bad things:

- I read somewhere that Sven hasn't decided yet whether to let him go out on loan this season or not, although they are still making bids for other strikers (e.g. that idiot Beckford)and if Leicester carry on with the way they are going, results wise, Sven himself may be off soon anyway.

- He/they could probably get better offers elsewhere. Brentford (where he was last season) have already demonstrated that they can outbid us by signing Mr Donaldduckson (who allegedly 'pimped' himself out to every club in the football pyramid before accepting the biggest offer he could get)

- He may want a Championship club if he does go out on loan

- He is just a kid

Just a suggestion.

Not a bad shout - and you've added a few points to support your idea instead of the usual just write the name posts...

But the bolded bit is the key bit. Sven turned down a loan bid from Sheff Weds the other day; it was reported on SSN & on the Sky sports webiste. He said he wanted Schlupp (it is a great name isn't it?) to continue to train & be around the 1st team as he was developing and he (Sven) thought he was pushing for a 1st team place.

If Brentford have sniffed, so too Sheff Weds - I'd suggest he's out of our reach.

As for the 'star striker' article(s) - I dont understand the fuss really. Its pretty clear we tried to bring in a decent player but for a number of different reasons, finances most likely; they've turned us down. They used a lot of "ifs" and "looking to sign" & "chasing the signing of" - they never once said - we are about to announce or that we had agreed terms etc.

Edited by slystallone

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad shout - and you've added a few points to support your idea instead of the usual just write the name posts...

But the bolded bit is the key bit. Sven turned down a loan bid from Sheff Weds the other day; it was reported on SSN & on the Sky sports webiste. He said he wanted Schlupp (it is a great name isn't it?) to continue to train & be around the 1st team as he was developing and he (Sven) thought he was pushing for a 1st team place.

If Brentford have sniffed, so too Sheff Weds - I'd suggest he's out of our reach.

As for the 'star striker' article(s) - I dont understand the fuss really. Its pretty clear we tried to bring in a decent player but for a number of different reasons, finances most likely; they've turned us down. They used a lot of "ifs" and "looking to sign" & "chasing the signing of" - they never once said - we are about to announce or that we had agreed terms etc.

I just spotted that he tweeted this:

jeffers92: Off to cinema and might attack a nandos half chicken afterwards! #shock

Let's get him!