bolton match home 76

A poster further down the board mentioned the notorious bolton match at home in 76? Can anybody enlighten me what happened that day as i'm curious. The only times i've ever seen trouble at bp were involving wednesday in 1980 and 91 (promotion game). Anybody think of any others where play was held up?

I think the City/United match on the same day was postponed and it all kicked off in the Chaddy with Oldham, City, Utd & Bolton all in there - might have the wrong year though - I missed the match so what I've been told over the years may (hopefully) have been exaggerated - glad those days are gone even if the atmosphere is not as good - we ran the gauntlet up Sheepfoot Lane or along Furtherwood Road many, many times to speed away in my Dad's Morris 1000!!

seem to remmeber the chaddy being a mass of pushing swaying bodys as battles raged too and fro accross the wooden floored area at the back .was a lot worse than the shenanagins with the wendys .if youve seen the coverage of orgreve during the miners strike was similar to that .tics charging from oneside then falling back then noblot doing the same was crazy .the only time i was thankfull my dad made me sit on the wall at the front of the chaddy .

seem to remmeber the chaddy being a mass of pushing swaying bodys as battles raged too and fro accross the wooden floored area at the back .was a lot worse than the shenanagins with the wendys .if youve seen the coverage of orgreve during the miners strike was similar to that .tics charging from oneside then falling back then noblot doing the same was crazy .the only time i was thankfull my dad made me sit on the wall at the front of the chaddy .

The great old days IMO..........atmosphere........today nothing

Was it a Christmas or New Year game when we had nearly 30000 ? won 2-0 with 2 in the last 2 mins

The great old days IMO..........atmosphere........today nothing

Was it a Christmas or New Year game when we had nearly 30000 ? won 2-0 with 2 in the last 2 mins

Ive seen a few scuffles at BP, mainly Hibs friendly, Carlsile Utd, Stoke City, QPR outside the BP, Aston Villa on the hospital Car park, Man City in the Arcades ( Town centre), Blackburn on the old running track.

I was only pretty young then, Hibs was the worst, I remember a copper picking me and my mate up in both arms and putting us in a police van to hide from all the flying stones and bricks, I was about 8 then.

I vaguely remeber it. I was with mu dad in the Main Stand paddock. It kicked off outside, near the back of the Rochdale Road End. Sommeone got a huge kicking, and then some little :censored: ran up, picked up this lad's watch, and then legged it. :o