realiably informed that Lowe from Blackburn is to arrive on loan - i really hope not as he is too similar to what we have - fancy passing but no forward drive to run with the ball; at least not when he was here last season.

Spanish Marc - Latics want Madrid to sign a form saying as he is under 24, that they won't ask us for compo - they may want up to 400k which we havent got and we aren't prepared to take a chance on them not asking us for that money.

He has therefore gone, or is going, to sCUNThorpe 'on loan' - assuming Marc is a free transfer i find this odd and even if he is a reserve player who they are looking to release at some point and he is therefore not currently free, why haven't we just agreed a loan deal? I assume the guy meant to say 'trial' to scunny rather than loan.

But anyway that is why Marc hasn't and won't as things stand be signing.

realiably informed that Lowe from Blackburn is to arrive on loan - i really hope not as he is too similar to what we have - fancy passing but no forward drive to run with the ball; at least not when he was here last season.

Spanish Marc - Latics want Madrid to sign a form saying as he is under 24, that they won't ask us for compo - they may want up to 400k which we havent got and we aren't prepared to take a chance on them not asking us for that money.

He has therefore gone, or is going, to sCUNThorpe 'on loan' - assuming Marc is a free transfer i find this odd and even if he is a reserve player who they are looking to release at some point and he is therefore not currently free, why haven't we just agreed a loan deal? I assume the guy meant to say 'trial' to scunny rather than loan.

I don't understand this Marc situation. Is he still under contract with Madrid?

If the U20 are owt like the seniors it won't be that long,didn't think that Spanish lad was that special anyway would take Lowe over him if i'am honest

Think they are worse, they got out of the group stages without scoring a goal.. The spanish lad Fernandez allows Furman to push forward more where he plays better..

I don't get this compensation thing if he's out of contract.

Surely if he's changing countries it's the same as Porter going to Motherwell?

Anybody able to educate me?

Agreed

The OP's claims about Marc make no sense to me. Plus, even if he is under contract, it's as if the OP is suggesting that Madrid can claim compensation even after he has already signed for us (if they don't sign this form). <_<

???

I don't get this compensation thing if he's out of contract.

Surely if he's changing countries it's the same as Porter going to Motherwell?

Anybody able to educate me?

Am still puzzled as to why we got nowt for Porter, yet had to pay for Furman even though he was out of contract?

Don't think Scunthorpe will have it either........Why not sign him on a short term deal, if they want that kind of money we'll just get shut!!!!

Surely we should have found out about all this weeks ago...I find it all very puzzling!

I think we signed him a day before his contract expired, as there was interest from other clubs.

That makes zero sense if you think about it.

If Furman was able to sign for any English club he wants the next day, then us bidding one day early would make no difference to his choice.

That makes zero sense if you think about it.

If Furman was able to sign for any English club he wants the next day, then us bidding one day early would make no difference to his choice.

See what you mean. Oldham Chron and BBC inks below don't appear to help (although BBC refer to a 2 year deal). The Latics site makes reference to "training compensation".

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/26142/latics-pay-up-for-furman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/o/oldham_athletic/8125516.stm

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~1705920,00.html

Edited by opinions4u

See what you mean. Oldham Chron and BBC inks below don't appear to help (although BBC refer to a 2 year deal). The Latics site makes reference to "training compensation".

How do you know he was free agent at all? I've always had the impression that he was still in contract with Rangers.

One thing about Lowe is that I think he certainly would get us goals from open play, plus a few free kicks and penalties. But agree, unsure he is the type of player we need at the moment in midfield.

Only seen Lund play once, but rather have Lowe than him i think.. If we can get Lowe on season long loan it would be a good bit of business..

I don't rate Lowe and would be pretty disappointed if we were to sign him on loan again.

I know the facts are there from last season - he got us 2 important goals - but IMO he isn't the type of CM we need.

PD needs to make a decsion as to what role he wants Dean Furman to play IMO.

If he wants furman to sit; and be the deep lying CM then we need to sign a box to box CM player who will make the forward runs to link the midfield to the attackers.

If he wants Furman to do the above role (and IMO that is what he should do) - then he needs to sign a CM who can play the defensive CM 'sitting' role.

Lowe is neither of those.....and IMO would be a poor signing.

If Spanish Marc can be signed up and can maintain the level of performance he found Vs Burnley; then he IMO would be a key signing. He allowed Furman to become the box to box CM; allowing him the freedom to roam and hassle higher up the park.

If Marc doesn't sign; a defensive CM is the key addition - not Jason Lowe

I don't rate Lowe and would be pretty disappointed if we were to sign him on loan again.

I know the facts are there from last season - he got us 2 important goals - but IMO he isn't the type of CM we need.

PD needs to make a decsion as to what role he wants Dean Furman to play IMO.

If he wants furman to sit; and be the deep lying CM then we need to sign a box to box CM player who will make the forward runs to link the midfield to the attackers.

If he wants Furman to do the above role (and IMO that is what he should do) - then he needs to sign a CM who can play the defensive CM 'sitting' role.

Lowe is neither of those.....and IMO would be a poor signing.

If Spanish Marc can be signed up and can maintain the level of performance he found Vs Burnley; then he IMO would be a key signing. He allowed Furman to become the box to box CM; allowing him the freedom to roam and hassle higher up the park.

If Marc doesn't sign; a defensive CM is the key addition - not Jason Lowe

100% agree - we miss the wellens type player who will get the ball and drive forward with it, like him and Paul Murray did to an extent, then taylor, morais and the strikers can attack rather than having to play apart from the forwards to receive the ball.

Or, like you say, Furman does this and someone else defends.

Hope PD sees this - we need a couple of CM's who do attack, a LB and another key striker ala Cody Mac then we may do OK.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.