Broadband in Royton

razza699

Hi all ,

does anyone in the Royton area have an suggestions for decent broadband ? I currently live near the Halfway house on Rochdale road and I am getting 1 meg through Sky , however Im moving onto the Thorpe area near Royton Cricket club in a few weeks and I have been told by Sky my connection will be less than half a meg . I work from home a fair bit so this connections abit :censored: really. Ive had a look on http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker and it looks like half a meg is the standard.

Anyone got any better speeds or is fibre optic the way forward ?

Hi all ,

does anyone in the Royton area have an suggestions for decent broadband ? I currently live near the Halfway house on Rochdale road and I am getting 1 meg through Sky , however Im moving onto the Thorpe area near Royton Cricket club in a few weeks and I have been told by Sky my connection will be less than half a meg . I work from home a fair bit so this connections abit :censored: really. Ive had a look on http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker and it looks like half a meg is the standard.

talk talk :wink:

Hi all ,

For reliably good speed I would recomend Virginmedia Broadband. I've never had any trouble with speed in Royton.

what speed you getting on virgin ?

I went for the Virgin XL which is upto 30mb speed. I went for that because you got a free superhub or something, plus with the telephone line I took out from them, I got free installation.. think.

Anyway - whenever I do a speedtest.net it comes up at just over 30mb, although I think they may cap the speed at peak hours. Haven't noticed though.

I went for the Virgin XL which is upto 30mb speed. I went for that because you got a free superhub or something, plus with the telephone line I took out from them, I got free installation.. think.

Anyway - whenever I do a speedtest.net it comes up at just over 30mb, although I think they may cap the speed at peak hours. Haven't noticed though.

drools