Another 2nd half capitulation?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just hope it doesn't get much worse, sounds like a really bad day at the office!

If people would just see that and move on, we'd be fine. But people's short memories and jerky knees saying already 'it's embarrassing', 'we're relegation fodder' etc, etc.

What I find incredible is that (according to the BBC stats) with 20 mins to go we have not had a shot on target!!

I still can't understand how, since Christmas we have had so many games where we#vre created so little,although given our strikers records it probably doesn't really matter how many chances we create!!

It's going to be a funny old season, absolutely no idea what to expect but Corney was pretty clear this week that the only target is survival and he thinks even that's punching above our current weight

If people would just see that and move on, we'd be fine. But people's short memories and jerky knees saying already 'it's embarrassing', 'we're relegation fodder' etc, etc.

True! However, a bad day at the office is once in a blue moon - not an almost weekly occurance!

What I find incredible is that (according to the BBC stats) with 20 mins to go we have not had a shot on target!!

I still can't understand how, since Christmas we have had so many games where we#vre created so little,although given our strikers records it probably doesn't really matter how many chances we create!!

It's going to be a funny old season, absolutely no idea what to expect but Corney was pretty clear this week that the only target is survival and he thinks even that's punching above our current weight

And he is spot on - our crowds are league 2 standard at 3500 home fans every other week.

We quite rightly have cut our cloth accordingly and with PD you may get the odd 'better than Oldham' player signing, with the rest young-average players.

Until either a team/individual comes in with a few bob and wants to support PD a bit more on top of our current crowds and 500k a year losses, or the new stands are built; we will have to accept that budget wise we are looking to stay up each year - that is not to say management, players, fans don't want to have a go at going up, of course we all will do; but finance wise staying up is the only hope for now.

form wise, i'd rather we win then lose as we get more points than win, draw, lose as daft as it sounds.

Edited by shefflatic

I still can't understand how, since Christmas we have had so many games where we#vre created so little,

We have created a lot since Christmas, Not sure why you think we haven't. It was putting them away we couldn't do.

Look at it this way, if we would have won 1 drawn 2 lost 1 would have had 5 points.

Won 2 lost 3 = 6 points.

That's how I look at it.

So if you're not negative, you've got your head in the sand? We've just come off the back of two wins on the trot, it's not all doom and gloom.

It is we are all going to die! On a serious note, anyone who thinks we are anything other than a season long relegation battle has their head in the sand! 4 losses (including cup game), against 2 lucky wins! We are doomed I tell ya ;)