Big green recycling bin

opinions4u

Council want to charge me £30.50 for a replacement!

It is the very wrong approach. The council has to pay a fortune for non-recycled waste. Everything should be done to get people into the mindset of recycling and this does the opposite.

I always reckon that everytime you throw a wine bottle in the general bin (if everyone is like yourself) you are adding 10p onto your council tax.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

aka I robbed someone else's bin!

That was plan C.

Plan A was ring the council for a freebie - failed.

Plan B was search beyond basic eye range - worked.

It is the very wrong approach. The council has to pay a fortune for non-recycled waste. Everything should be done to get people into the mindset of recycling and this does the opposite.

I always reckon that everytime you throw a wine bottle in the general bin (if everyone is like yourself) you are adding 10p onto your council tax.

Quite agree. On the whole I think Oldham Council manages household waste quite well. When we've had a major clearout of the house they've collected junk off our drive free of charge. The multiple bins for recycling works well for me, although I'm not so sure I'd have appreciated it when I lived in a small terrace a few years ago.

But £30+ had put me in the mindset of "tarmac the garden to reduce the amount of garden waste" which isn't exactly eco-friendly. Alternatively, as livo suggests, nicksomebody elses.

Edited by opinions4u