Planning Reform

singe

I know quite a few have an interest in planning matters.

Indications I had from correspondance from Greg Clark (he's my MP) was that he was proposing reform that allowed much more of a say for residents.

I have struggled for 18 months campaining against large scale development.

I was astounded but maybe not suprised, to see the Tories revert to type and give way to the big business of the developers, and allow a presumption of approval.

The system is currently stacked against the local opinion, and many just give up, and I fail to see how the current proposals do anytihng to alleviate that.

The, "its my property, why dont you mind your own :censored:ing business unless you have specific property based legal grounds to object to what i do with it," card doesnt seem to win much these days

To be fair that is pretty much how it works...

I am certainly no expert in planning, just know about my own little extension but is good to know that if anyone moans and objects about our extension then they have to it on planning grounds and not on reasons of noise or loss of property value etc. Council won't entertain those sort of arguments.

Edited by oafc0000